Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonkat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 05:58 AM
    Engine Codes
    I have a 2000 Dodge 4wd Laredo and the engine code 0302 came on. What does this code mean so I will know before I take it to a dealer or repair shop so I can be informed. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2007, 08:52 AM
    P0302: Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

Here's what I recommend you do:
    1. Replace spark plugs with the exact plugs that came in the Laredo. Change platinum plugs at about half the recommended mileage.
    2. Replace cylinder 2 coil pack, if changing plugs didn't eliminate the code:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=190&ptset=A

Simply unfasten connector to old coil, remove mounting screw (likely 8 mm), remove old coil on plug, install new coil, tighten mounting screw, and reattach plug wire.
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkat
    I have a 2000 Dodge 4wd Laredo and the engine code 0302 came on. What does this code mean so I will know before I take it to a dealer or repair shop so I can be informed. Thanks
    Hi,
    That code is for a misfire in cylinder 2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Codes [ 1 Answers ]

What is the new code and procedure for installing a 200 amp grounding service for a mobile home?

Codes [ 1 Answers ]

Hey guys, My dad thinks I can't handle the watching the Trinitron television that we own. One time, I found out the code that blocked the TV and changed it without telling my parents. But the next morning, they had changed the code without knowing the previous one. Can you tell me How they do...

93 Civic EX 4dr Check Engine Light, no codes, overheating [ 7 Answers ]

I own a 93 civic ex 4dr (all stock) and have had a check engine light problem with my vehicle ever since I got it back from the mechanic. The original problem was the main relay which I had figured and resoldered but the other problem behind it was the black/yellow cable going from the main relay...

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

92-2000 honda civic engine I.D codes and hp [ 0 Answers ]

Many people have asked me what engine they have in there car.so this might help These are U.S. only 92-95 civic EX/SI D16Z6 1.6 16VSOHC VTEC PGM-FI 1590 125hp@6600rpm 106tq@5200rpm Dx /lx D15B7 1.5 16VSOHC PGM-FI 1493...

View more questions Search