Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anndm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 06:59 PM
    I love my boyfriend but I can't stop thinking about my ex.
    I've been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. Our relationship has its ups and downs because we argue and fight most of the time but when we're OK, we're totally sweet. Every time we fight, I try to think about my ex's (my first love) happy memories just to compensate the pain inflicted by my boyfriend. I always think on how me and my ex used to be happy and he never tried to treat me like **** the way how my boyfriend treats me sometimes. Thinking about my ex makes me smile and contented, although we remained to be good friends and we sometimes keep in touch, I still assume that he still loves me. My boyfriend is sweet sometimes when he's in good mood. But I couldn't remember any moment that he had treat me like a princess. I always compare my ex and my boyfriend and it bothers me a lot. I love my boyfriend so much but the way he's treating me makes me confuse which lead me to thinking that "maybe" I'm still in love with my ex. I know my ex has his own life already but I can't stop thinking about our past. If only I knew my boyfriend well before entering this relationship, then I wouldn't be with him. I wanted to break up with him but what holds me from doing it is that we own a car, we're living together and we have a dog. It's hard for me to let go because of those things. Well the bottom line is, my boyfriend is a douchebag and I find it hard to let it go that's why I'm thinking about my ex all the time to escape the state of depression my boyfriend is giving me. Help. I need help. Should I leave my boyfriend? What about the things that we both own? And am I really still in love with my ex?
    anndm Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 07:21 PM
    I'm living in my boyfriend's shadows, does he really love me?
    Every time we argue, he keeps on blaming things on me. He always make me believe that it's always my fault. He always find reasons just to justify his mistakes. But when it comes to me, he never allow me to explain. When he's pissed off because of us arguing, he shuts off his door on me, he don't kiss me goodnight, he don't talk to me, nor respond to even if I talk to him. It will last for days until he goes back to his "mood" again. And when he's back in his good mood he tries to be sweet to me, makes jokes as if nothing happened and no apologies from him. But if I get pissed, it's just nothing to him. He even gets mad because I'm mad at him. It's like I don't have the right to be mad at him. I've been living in his words and I'm sick of this relationship. He never tries to hear my feelings. He always tell me that he loves me so much but sometimes I can't feel it. He thought that giving me material things would prove that he loves me, but he's wrong. I can live without him giving me any material things. I just want his time, effort, and concern. There's was this time that I was assembling my mom's bed and I was just asking a little favor from him but he refused immediately without even knowing what little favor I was asking. It was so unfair because if it's him that will ask a favor, I always do it. It's just so unfair. He is not really treating me right. It's like he prefer being comfortable with me having a hard time than sacrificing for me. I don't think my boyfriend is mature enough to handle a relationship especially when we are already living together. It's just hard for me because I'm too emotional when it comes to this and it's hard for me to cope up while he is to naïve to what I feel and he's too busy with his own business. I tried talking to him about this but he doesn't like it, he finds me so corny and emotional and that he doesn't want to handle those stuff. I wanted to leave him but we have a car, well originally it was my car which we trade it in for a brand new one and we're paying it together. And when we're going to break up, he's the one taking the car. See how unfair it is? I really don't know if he really loves me or now... He keeps on saying that he do but he sometimes fail to prove it to me. :(
    rania1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Feb 7, 2012, 05:55 AM
    Okey first your boyfreind is so moody ! You need to listen to him more and be with him,help him !
    Ask him why he do all this ! And tell him how he really feel! say that you don't want to to live in a lie ! He must say the truth !
    Understand him more ! Be with him when he need something !
    Tell him that the relationship is not good enough and you must find a solution and try to explain to him what you need and what he must to do don't be shy tell him that he need to change his behavior !
    CatieV Posts: 30, Reputation: 7

Feb 7, 2012, 04:32 PM
    Let me start with your second question, my answer is - I don't know. Only you can know whether you still love your ex or not. As for the first question, the only right answer here is yes, do leave him. The reasons? Well, mainly because you admit he is a douchebag and who wants a douchebag for a boyfriend? Don't waste your time on that guy, don't waste your life on him and although it's going to be tough to decide what to do with the dog and the car but imagine that you stay with him and one day you will have kids, then it will be a lot harder to leave him and you might end up spending your whole life with a wrong, bad person. A douchebag, to be precise.
    GreenBay21 Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Feb 10, 2012, 07:02 PM
    I disagree, you need to leave him. If you do not care about material things like you say, then having a car together shouldn't impair your judgement. Dudes a jerk, and doesn't care. Why would you waste another minute let alone another second living with this guy? You have one life, you really want to spend it with him?
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2012, 07:49 PM
    If you are unhappy in a relationship, especially with someone who is so unwilling to try to work on your issues, there is only one things to do. Leave. Have some self respect and stop getting treated that way, as if you were nothing. The only reason as to why things have gotten to this point is because you have accepted that behavior from him... if you had put your foot down the first time you came around his BS, you wouldn't be in this position to begin with.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Leave him and just take the car ( if your name is on it also) he can sue you for the money he put in ( so what)

If you stay, stop allowing him to get his way, raise your voice, make him listen. If he is not treating you right, but him on the couch for some nights, He only treats you bad if you allow him to.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2012, 11:17 PM
    You don't love the ex but are so unhappy now. Decide how to split the property fairly, and find a happy life with a happy person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't stop thinking about my ex-boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my ex was together for almost 4 years. We were engaged to be married in November of 2010, but things didn't work out the way we want it to. We broke up, and moved on, but even though I moved on, and with someone else now, I still think of my ex. No matter how hard I try not to think of...

I love a friend and can't stop thinking about them, help. [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know what do do anymore, I need help.

I can't stop thinking about my ex boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

Both threads merged into one I broke up with my boyfriend about a month ago and since then I can't stop thinking about him and it's making me go crazy. I can't sleep at night properly and I miss him so much. I had had a massive crush on him for like 1 and a half before which he didn't know...

How Can I Stop Thinking about My Ex Boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

Me and my ex have been broke up for about three months now and I'm the reason we broke up. But ever since then I can't stop thinking about him should I ask him back out?

How will l stop thinking about someone l love [ 7 Answers ]

Hello to * ishme l have a love one that l can't stop thinging about her, *how will l stop thinging about her. And so that she will think about me. And if someone love you ,what are the sings that she show you that she love you.

View more questions Search