Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zeldaaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 10:50 PM
    I have a boyfriend, but this guy wants to be with me. I think I may like him too.
    I've been with my boyfriend for 5 months now. I recently moved away from Texas to Iowa we're trying to keep the relationship together by phone/internet communication. Lately I've been feeling too depressed because he works a lot and I barely talk to him that much, but then this guy comes along and we've been hanging out for a while.

Then he tells me he likes me and would want to be more than friends with me. I'm starting to think I may like him too. But a part of me thinks I'm just liking this guy because of the absence of my boyfriend, or do I really like him? Advice please<3
    alicee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 01:18 AM
    One quote;

If you like/love two people, pick the second one, cause if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second.
    -Johnny Depp. (:
    Zeldaaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 08:32 AM
    Oh my.. haha that makes a little sense
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2012, 10:19 AM
    How old are you? Do these two fellows know of each other? I mean does your boyfriend know you have a guy you hang with a lot? Does the new guy know you have a boyfriend?

While long distance relationships are very hard on the most in love couples, dishonesty, lying, or cheating helps nothing. You may have a title but I don't see a committed relationship. So start by being honest, and doing the right thing for you ALL, and then your decision or choice can be a fair one. I think you just need more attention than you are getting and there is nothing wrong with that, just handle your boyfriend in an honest fair way FIRST, and things will either fall into place and get better, or ends.
    TrueFaith Posts: 1,202, Reputation: 313
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2012, 10:21 AM
    Agreed 5 months is not a very long relationship and it makes it even harder when it goes into L.D.R

Do the right thing tell your current boyfriend that it is not working out and your starting to have feelings for another person. And you want to do the right thing by letting him know. So you can both move on

Do not lead the guy on until you think there is a 100% chance with this new guy because that is just wrong..

My advice if your having feelings like this.. then your relationship was not strong to start with and both of you are lacking the drive and will power to make it work.

And I say this because being in an L.D.R myself I have been crazy busy but have always made time for my girl.
    Lonefenix Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2012, 08:38 PM
    All I can say is, I'm in the same boat except I'm the guy. If I was you, I'd think long and hard about how unfair it is to both your boyfriend, the guy, and yourself. Don't string the guy along if your unsure because you're going to end up breaking his heart, your boyfriends heart and your own heart all at once. Trust your gut feelings, and do what you think is right. If you're questioning your feelings with your boyfriend then you're clearly not comfortable with the way things are. But only you can make that decision. And also make sure you do what TrueFaith said above, maybe the feeling of wanting to move on is mutual with both you and your boyfriend. Communication, honesty, and trust - The most important things in a relationship.

I hope all things work out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a boyfriend but there's another guy. Help me please... [ 4 Answers ]

I have a boyfriend but there's another guy he claims he's in love with me and willing for wait for as long. So it all started 4months ago. My boyfriend and I work together this other also work with us. Me and him started talking normal and kind of became friends. And I started to like his...

How do I get a guy to be my boyfriend? [ 8 Answers ]

This thread was merged and edited with her others/T Okay well there is this guy in my class, I really like him and I have known him for like 9 years now and we have gotten to be really good friends, and we happen to have lots in common and get along really good. And I have started to really like...

My Ex boyfriend and a new guy [ 2 Answers ]

Well, I had been crying for a week over my ex. We had been separated for at least 8 months or more. We were together for a good solid six months and a year, I think. Well.. he was my first true love and I could not get over him. I got back in touch with him and he was dating a girl named Shannon. I...

How to Ask a Guy to be Your Boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

Some guys don't ask girls to be theirs_ How do Girls ask Guys to Be their Boyfriends??

View more questions Search