Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KennyL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 08:36 PM
    Gift Tax US resident to non US resident abroad
    I am a US resident alien and wants to make a cash gift to both my parents (non US residents) abroad above the annual exclusion of $13,000. I know that I will need to file the gift tax return (form 709). Do I need to file any other IRS forms, since the funds will be wired from US bank account (mine) to a non US bank account (foreign bank)?

Thanks
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 5, 2012, 12:31 AM
    You can gift $13,000 separately to each parent. If you gift more than $13,000 to any one, you must file gift tax return. Even if you have to file, you will not owe any gift tax as there is life time exclusion of 1 million. Your U.S. Tax Return: The U.S. Gift Tax
    For wire transfer you do not inform IRS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Penalty tax for French resident (ex USA resident) transferring his 401K account [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Belgian citizen, living in France since 2008, aged 46. I used to live in USA as resident alien. I am now asking for my 401 K to be transferred as a lump sum of money. Do I heed to pay for a 10 penalty tax on the top of the 20% tax due? Or do I qualify for an exemption under te YSA-France...

State Tax status. F1 student, resident, non-resident or part-year resident [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert/any tax expert I am a student on F1 status. I graduated from Univ of GA in December 2009. I moved to NC the first week of February 2010 and still in NC till now. Before moving in February I didn't work at all in GA, I was basically just packing my things and searching for...

State Tax status. F1 student, resident, non-resident or part-year resident [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert/MukatA I am a student on F1 status. I graduated from Univ of GA in December 2009. I moved to NC the first week of February 2010 and still in NC till now. Before moving in February I didn't work at all in GA, I was basically just packing my things and searching for jobs...

B1 status changed to J1 visa , filing tax as non resident vs resident [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have been in the US for 1.5 years. I arrived on July 2006 to work as a physician alien and research scholar. I was previously in the US partially for at least 6 months each of the previous years from 2002 to 2005 on a B1 visa. When I came to the US in 2006 I had a J1 visa. I filled last...

View more questions Search