Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnnieO. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2012, 06:45 PM
    Do I bring up pending criminal charges during an interview?
    I am out on bail awaiting trial for a felony. Should I bring up my pending criminal charges during a job interview? The application only asked if I have ever been "convicted" of a felony, I said no. I am going in for my second interview, and I really feel like I should bring up my pending charges during this 2nd interview, since it never came up (and I failed to mention it) during my 1st interview. How and should I do this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2012, 09:47 PM
    I would not bring it up if you wanted the job. The minute you say you are going to trial for felony they will say bye faster than you can get out of the door.

You have not lied, if they ask if you were ever arrested, Or if they ask if there is any reason you will be missing work.

If you get hired, worst thing you will get fired, but you will work for a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pending charges that have been dropped [ 1 Answers ]

I was arrested with drug par wanting endangerment and pnossession of a control substance charges were pending for 3 orj 4 yars and then drooped I have a hardy time getting hired even for serving positions the back ground check kills me .what and how much will it Cost and will it help can I...

Pending Charges [ 2 Answers ]

My name is {name removed} And I would like to find out what are my recent charges?

Why the want me to bring my wife to second nazelaztion interview? [ 3 Answers ]

Why the want me to bring my wife to second nazelaztion interview?

Will pending charges from 2004 show on a criminal background check? [ 4 Answers ]

I was charged with GA's 7 deadly sins after our run away teenager made false sexual natured accusations of a sexual nature in order to not return home to a family that loved her. Authorities promised our teen the moon and the stars. I was charged, later arrested for 2 weeks until bond was set at...

Pending charges [ 4 Answers ]

If I currently have pending charges will it show up in a criminal background check for an employer ex. School board

View more questions Search