Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Feb 15, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Perl necklace
    I was given a perl necklace but it is broken
    And I want to fix it but I can't get the thread out it looks like that there is a knot or something on the thread in the perl
    How do I get the perls off thr thread?
    Please help
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 05:15 PM
    The mark of a good pearl necklace is the knotting between each pearl. This can be a real bear to tackle yourself and you can either scratch or lose a pearl if you are not careful. If you are not familiar with fixing necklaces, please take it to a local jeweler for repair. They will restring it properly for you without the chance of losing any of the pearls.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Absolutely take your pearl necklace to a qualified jewler. Don't try to fix this on your own. I was given my Mother's pearl necklace when I got married and over the years, it needed to be re-threaded. I wanted to give the necklace to my daughter when she got married. The jeweler never even charged me for it. He said it was a treat to work on the necklace and be a part of the tradition of passing the necklace on. That jeweler got a new best customer for later purchases.
    rocksngold Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Feb 27, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Hello Your Pearls are knoted so they don't spill like marbels on the floor and the knot separates them so the don't wear on each other. Pearls are in the (finger nail) scheam of Moes hardness scale if you would like to look it up ,so they are not real durable.

It may cost you $3-6 an inch to repair. Normally with a break that means the entire length need's restrung,10 inches starts at $30 dollars just measure and do the math for an estimate.
    If they are gritty when you scrape(gently) across your teeth they are probably cultured or freshwater Pearls.
    Large unblimished ,and of good color and window Pearls can be expensive, especially the larger sizes of 8.00 mm and up.

Hope this helps ;)
    Rocksngold

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with Perl! [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently learning how to use Perl from a book. One of the exercises on chapter 4 (Scalars, Arrays and Hashes) has really left me dumb. This is the problem, but I can't figure out the coding to make the "Course code" typed in the user to appear in the place of "Shell Programming" where it...

Yazzie Necklace [ 1 Answers ]

I would like some information on a necklace, it has "YAZZIE" stamped on the back on the pendant. It looks to be sterling and coral chocker with a coral stone of an odd shape set in sterling.

PHP File upload and Perl [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I am using a perl script to access the webpages designed in PHP. I donot know how to automate the file upload part of the site. Can anyone help me. FYI:I am using WWW::Mechanize module of perl Thanks, Novice_perl

View more questions Search