Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coldtia Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 08:32 PM
    No Heat
    I have a Airco gas furnace. It stopped working, pilot light is on, and when switch manual/auto is pushed in, the motor(?) fan works, but no heat. When wire on thermostat is crossed or tripped, and furnace is in auto position, nothing happens? Please help we are freezing.
    Thank you Tia and 2 cold kids.:eek:
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 09:43 PM
    The first thing to do is to find out if you have electricity to the furnace. You can check the fuses or breakers, which ever you have, if you know how to do this. If you don't know how to do this use something you have that is electric, like a mixer or hair dryer. Unplug the furnace and plug in the dryer or mixer. And turn it on. If it runs that means you have power to the unit. Now plug the furnace back in and look for a switch on the furnace that would be pushed in when the door is put in place. Sometimes these doors get loose and the switch is not depressed and the unit won't work.
    Listen for any type of hum in the furnace. Then get back to us after you have checked these things.
    coldtia Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 08:41 PM
    Thank you to all!!
    We are back in the land of warm, well the furnace is now working again.
    Turns out it was the gas valve.
    Thanks again to all who tried to help us.
    WarmTia:o

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Electric Heat-Pump-No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I had a wall-mounted unit installed in a room in may of this summer. In the middle of the night the heat shut off and has not come back on since. It is an Amana, electric heat with heat pump unit. The cooling works, the heating setting does not blow air at all. When I remove the cover it says...

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

View more questions Search