Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baileyrobert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 06:51 PM
    The charge is a felony aggravated assuilt

I was charged with a felony aggravated assult and I was arrested of November the 18 th 2011. I went to court to see the judge and he set me a bond of 10,000.00 which I needed one thousand to bond out and I bonded out of jail on December the 1st of 2011 I have a court date in march but I have not been indicted on the charge yet I am needing to know how long does hinds county have to indict me on this charge I really need to know as soon as possible please help me

How to find out if you have been indicted yet if you are not in jail in hinds county Mississippi in the chancery courts system. Can you please help me tell me a free web site that I can go to or something that would help me out I need to find out as soon as possible please

I need to know or need help finding out were to look online to find out the satchues of limitations on how long the grand jury has to indict a person with felony aggravated assuilt charges if bonded out of jail
    I would really appericate your help on this matter is there a free web site where you can actulely speck to an attorney about this kind of stuff
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2012, 08:48 PM
    Please do not start many posts for the same question. I have deleted some and merged others. If you need to add more info, merely answer your own question to add more info
    Expert

Feb 2, 2012, 08:58 PM
    There are two ways to be brought to trail, In some a person would be arrested and have a first hearing where evidence is presented with the suspect present. If the judge decides at the first appearance, there is enough evidence to old them over for trial, bail is set and they are now ready to go to court. ( in these cases, there is no grand jury, since the judge has already ruled there is enough evidence for court)

In other cases a DA presents evidence to the grand jury ( without the suspect present) and get a order to indict.

It would appear they already had a first appearance for you, and set bail.

SOL only refers to the time between the crime and your actual arrest, you have already been arrested, so SOL stopped at the time of arrest.

If you feel your due process has been violated, you hire an attorney.

As for as getting to trial, it can take a year or more at times. So much depend on getting any evidence back from labs, and also if there are motions being filed by either side.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2012, 08:58 PM
    There are two ways to be brought to trail, In some a person would be arrested and have a first hearing where evidence is presented with the suspect present. If the judge decides at the first appearance, there is enough evidence to old them over for trial, bail is set and they are now ready to go to court. ( in these cases, there is no grand jury, since the judge has already ruled there is enough evidence for court)

In other cases a DA presents evidence to the grand jury ( without the suspect present) and get a order to indict.

It would appear they already had a first appearance for you, and set bail.

SOL only refers to the time between the crime and your actual arrest, you have already been arrested, so SOL stopped at the time of arrest.

If you feel your due process has been violated, you hire an attorney.

As for as getting to trial, it can take a year or more at times. So much depend on getting any evidence back from labs, and also if there are motions being filed by either side.
    KenKennedyDJ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2013, 04:09 PM
    My attorney advised me to keep in touch with the Bonding Company, as I had the same issue and question in Mississippi.
    Attorney said bond agent would be contacted with the information.

Certainly hope this helps you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long do they have to indict you? [ 4 Answers ]

In Texas if not indicted, they have to release you after how long?

Son is in jail in Mississippi... [ 8 Answers ]

My son is in jail on a 30K bond for 6 counts of burglary in Mississippi. He has been in jail for over 6 months without a grand jury indictment. How much longer can they hold him?

In lake county Ohio how long can they hold a person in jail if they have not indicted [ 1 Answers ]

After waiving your rights to a speedy trial. How long can lake county Ohio court system hold you without indicting you. In other words what are the statueof limitations.

How much time do the courts have to indict someone when you are not in jail [ 1 Answers ]

Assault 2nd, didn't take the plea... how long do they have to indict me before it gets thrown out?

How long do they have to indict you if in jail [ 10 Answers ]

If you are in jail how long does the state have to indict you, before they have to release you?

View more questions Search