Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrs.helms23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 07:02 AM
    How does my husband adopt my children
    I do not know where the biological father of my 6 year old daughter and 2 year old son is and haven't seen or heard from him in a year and a half.my husband wants to be their legal father and my daughter and son want that more than anything in the world.how do we go about doing this?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2012, 11:45 AM
    You get the biological father to sign a consent form, agreeing to the adoption. If you cannot find him the Court will issue an order that he can be served by publication. That means a specific newspaper (or newspapers) for a specific number of times with specific wording.

You must have exhausted all avenues of locating him before the Court will issue such an Order. Have you tried investigators to locate him?

Your 2-year old son understands what "adoption" means?

Also - what State?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my husband adopt my children they are 18 and 16 [ 2 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for 14 years married 8 years I have 2 children to different fathers who are unknown on the birth curtifacate they are 18 and 16 and have never seen their biological fathers as both left me when I was 3 month pregnant we would like to know if my husband can adopt them as...

Ex husband was new husband to adopt his children [ 12 Answers ]

I am currently married with a child. However I was married once before and have two children with that marriage. The marriage ended due to her extra martial affairs, the children were very young, four and five. They are now 11 and 12. I pay child support and provide insurance for the children....

My husband wants to adopt my 4 children. [ 2 Answers ]

I have 4 children by men who haven't played any type of role in my kids life, I want to have them sign over their rights and I would like to know how do or where do I start.

My husband want to adopt my children [ 2 Answers ]

I have three children. The first one is from my first husband and my youngest son is from a relationship. My first husband does not pay support nor does he bother or want to part of my daughters lives. They are ages 15 and 17. My husband of two years wants nothing more to take sole responsibility...

View more questions Search