Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kylelocke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Can a convicted felon become a notary in ga if convicted in La
    I am a legal secretary in Georgia and it appears that my boss is going to ask me to go get my notary public. I have a felony conviction of "Forgery" in Louisiana. Will I be allowed to obtain the notary?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 09:19 PM
    Yes you may, there is no restrictions about past criminal records, BUT, you have to list it on the application. As long as you list your convictions you can get it.

The county web sites does say that they can refuse due to criminal history, but as a practice normally they don't, if they do you can appeal the ruling

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a convicted felon and my fiancée can't be around convicted felons? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a convicted felon(nothing violent or sexual or drug related)However I have met someone who I am emotionally involved with who got into some recent trouble and is now also a convicted felon on probation. One of the conditions is she is not supposed to be around any other convicted felons or it...

Convicted felon [ 1 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon with a cdl license will anyone hire me

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

Convicted Felon [ 2 Answers ]

Yes, I have a felony and I am almost through with school. I am majoring in Medical Assistant and was wondering if it would be hard to get a job. My felon is 13 years old

View more questions Search