Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Louis Garinger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2004, 09:21 PM
    Politics
    Why and when did the Democratic states change from red to blue?
    droopycom Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2004, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Garinger
    Why and when did the Democratic states change from red to blue?
    That's a good question. It seems to be pretty recent, here is a good article about it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Nov1.html

Actually a friend of mine who doesn't follow the news regularly was sure that Red was democrats and Blue Republicans because he saw one Poll map where this was the case... Indeed I checked and I don't remember where but at least one American news organization was using Red for democrats at some point during the 2004 campaign.
    dave5150 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Dec 26, 2004, 12:57 PM
    Red states
    The southern U.S. used to be a democratic stronghold beginning at the end of the civil war. The south blamed Lincoln and the Republicans for the war. In the 1950's the democratic party began to support the civil rights movement and in the mid 1960's democratic voters switched to the Republicans and have remained there most of the time until today.
    jon123 Posts: 240, Reputation: 3

Feb 4, 2010, 01:28 PM

Well I can not understand united we stand because it is surely not the case as many are seeing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian politics! [ 103 Answers ]

We are coming to an election in the new year. We have had 12 years of liberal rule which I do realize may be good for the finances of Canada, but in whole is not good for morality of our country, or the safety of our country. The liberal government has promised many things and never delivered,...

Salon politics [ 1 Answers ]

I work in a very small salon and there are 4 other women in the salon besides me and my boss. I have always thought that we were all like a big family and today I called to see how many clients I had for tomarrow and one of the women there informed me that my boss (my friend) had a heart atack and...

View more questions Search