Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marlaj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 05:10 AM
    2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire to a programmable
    2 wire heat thermostat and 2 wire air thermostat want to wire both to a programmable thermostat, need wiring information
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2012, 05:20 AM
    On the norm it would be red to r, white to w green to g, and yellow to y,, but, in your case you need to go to the furnace and find out what the colors are comeing from, since I don`t know what kind of furnace you have I can`t say wheather to look at the circuit board so just match the wires from the furnace and ac as needed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing 4 wire White Rogers Thermostat with 5 Wire Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old White-Rogers thermostat with only 4 wires coming out of the wall and need to replace it but the only new ones I find (at Home Depot) have 5 wires. How do I hook up a 5 wire thermostat to 4 wires and still have it work properly? Big John

Want a Miller heat pump non-programmable thermostat 7 wire system owners manual. [ 0 Answers ]

We replaced our heat pump, but want to keep our non-programmable Miller Thermostat that came with the house. We've lost the Owner's manual and are having a heck of a time finding one. Any ideas?

To buy and install a 3 wire programmable thermostat for Heat and A/C [ 4 Answers ]

Where can I purchase a 3 wire programmable thermostat for Heat and A/C? Is there any thing special I need to know about the installation? Thanks Joe

3 wire hot water heat theromostat to 2 wire programmable [ 1 Answers ]

I have a building with hot water baseboard heat. I want to change from a 3 wire thermostat to a two wire programmable. Is this possible? How do I do it?

How to Wire Programmable Thermostat with baseboard heat [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have baseboard electric heat with FPE thermostats. There are 4 wires going to the thermostats - 2 white, 2 black -- white wires go to 1 and 3 connections on the thermostat, black wires go to 2 and 4 connections. 1 and 2 connections are Line and 3 and 4 are Load, so each color goes to...

View more questions Search