Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissaw611 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Opening Hood of a 1989 Honda Civic?
    Hello:
    I need to know if there is an alternative way to manually open the hood to a 1989 Honda Civic. The latch that releases the hood from inside the car is not working and I REALLY need to figure out another way to open it so that I can get to the engine ASAP!

Please Help Me!

Melissaw611
    Vandy-1 Posts: 99, Reputation: 6

Feb 15, 2007, 05:44 PM
    See if you can remove the latch/handle from the cable then try to pull the inner cable
    With a pair of pliers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1989 Honda civic wagon [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 89 Honda civic wagon. We had new gasket put on car, new water pump and timing belt. The problem is when you take the car on the interstate it overheats. If you drive in the city the car if fine. When the car start to run hot you lift the hood and the water is bubbling out of the coolant...

1989 honda civic [ 5 Answers ]

On the crankshaft, is the bolt reverse theaded or normal

Honda Civic 1997 - Hood Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Help!! My hood on my 1997 Honda Civic will not open!! When I pull on the lever, nothing happens (it does not pop open as it usually does) Does anybody know of an alternate way to get the hood to open?? This is urgent and I would really appreciate some help!!

1989 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying tp find the Main Relay on my Civic. I tried to use an iilustration for a web site the vehicle listed is different from my Civic. I have an error code os sixteen and was trying to check out the relay but I can't find it. HELP

1989 Honda Civic LX won't start [ 7 Answers ]

Read your FAQ and am at a dead end. It had been not starting on moist days due to bad distributor gasket and/or old rotor. The other day at a gas station it would not start (very cold day). It turns over but does not start 1. Replaced the Distributor Cap and Rotor - still did not start,...

View more questions Search