Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    b_dot_andrews Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 08:41 PM
    Begging for a heartbeat
    Ok so I thought I was 11 weeks cause of my lmp but I had my first appointment today and they couldn't find the heartbeat so they did the vaginal one n they see the little baby :) n they say its only 6 weeks 2days but they hear no heartbeat :/ the doctor said she has a strong feeling that it's a miscarriage so I got labs done and I go back on Friday and they're going to check again I'm praying for a heartbeat oh lord knows I'm praying for a heartbeat but only becsuse I read online people say there babies heart wasn't beating but thret started beating shortly after like 7 8 12 weeks but if the heart isn't beating on Friday I was going to go on with miscarriage procedures do you think that's a wise decision?or should I wait?also my right butt cheek had been hurtjng for like two weeks I googled it n people were saying the baby is sitting n the wrong spot and pi tching my sciatic nerve.but the nurse said she doesn't think that's pregnancy related.the doctor said they should hear a heart beat at 6 weeks but others say you sometimes or never can hear that soon.what should I do?
    #beggingforaheartbeat
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 09:42 PM
    I was not going to answer, since I really don't have one for you. But I will tell you a story.

About 12 years ago, my wife went to the doctor who told her that there was no heart beat and that the pregnancy was not viable. He wanted to schedule a D/C for the next day.

My wife did not feel right about it, and went to get a second opinion. Well we have a wonderful 11 year old boy right now that the first doctor wanted to destroy with a D/C because he was wrong.

I am a firm believer in 2nd opinions.
    emofreak2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2012, 02:59 AM
    I strictly do not believe in abortions that is just me though.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 1, 2012, 03:16 AM
    I am with chucks thinking, get a second opinion for sure!

Feb 1, 2012, 05:57 AM
    But I'm in the military so we kind of have to go to the hospital on post and We can only be seen off post if its an emergency or your referred.ughhh so stressed.I pray there's a heartbeat on fridAy.I wonder can I tell them I want to wait just a little bit longer after Friday.
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 1, 2012, 12:02 PM
    Keep us posted!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2012, 02:20 PM
    I would wait a bit longer to be absolutely sure. It does happen that it can take a bit longer before the heartbeat is seen. Even several days can make a tremendous difference in what may be seen.

Your pain would not be from baby at this point. Baby would be far too small for position to have an effect.

Definitely come back and let us know what results you receive when you go back in on Friday.
    amandatm21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2012, 12:26 PM
    I will give you my awnser because the same thing happened to me when they do your lab work they are looking at your hormone levels and when you go back on Friday they should do some more lab work to see if your hormones are going up or down in my case there was no heart beat and my hormones levels were going down so its was a sure singn I was going to loose the baby so I had 2 choices either let the misscarage happen naturally or go ahead with the d/n/c I had the d/n/c already having 3 misscarages I just couldn't take having another one but hunn I wish you the best luck and will say a prayer for a strong and healthy heart beat no one should have to go though something like this

Feb 2, 2012, 08:13 PM
    @amandaatm21:
    Thank you that really helped me a lot so I know if I would be waisting my time to just wait because of the hormone levels.thank you for the prayer :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Also, sorry but so you are in the military, that means you have their dependent insurance and can go to many doctors who accept it. Or, of course for an important issue, you write a check or pay cash and get a second opinion.

When you start placing a price on medical care and accepting things because that is all your insurance will do, you have set a line that is sometimes not acceptable.
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Feb 5, 2012, 12:21 AM
    Did you go to the Dr yesterday?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Begging for help getting over girl [ 7 Answers ]

My name is Max and I am 21. I never talked to anyone about this before because I hate bringing it up and it's a long story but I really need help because it ruining my life. When I was a kid I met my oldest friend allysia. We became boyfriend and girlfriend (we were 11). I was also her first kiss...

After all the begging. My story [ 8 Answers ]

Seriously, has anybody done this before? I have searched high and low since my girlfriend left me 6 weeks ago. She left because of my problems. I assume these were being clingly, overprotective and my temper. We broke up over a fight we had too I did everything wrong. The first day, I...

Tell me everything you know about this product. I'm BEGGING YOU! [ 1 Answers ]

I just orderd some Dr.James skin whitening pills from this chick in New York but like a jackass I orderd it without asking questions. After I orderd I asked her some questions but the chick didn't respond so there for I'm here. Its suppsoedly a new batch and its in a new non counterfiet bottle...

Help me guys... I'm begging! [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, here's how it goes. I had dated my boyfriend for about a year, and things were usually very good between us. I loved him, still do, more than anything. But I let some of my fears get in the way, and get the best of me. The relationship ended and I am completely devastated. I know what I did...

View more questions Search