Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keerose22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Real life science questions.
    Describe how fans in a stadium must move in order to produce a longidutional stadium wave?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Feb 1, 2012, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Keerose22 View Post
    Describe how fans in a stadium must move in order to produce a longidutional stadium wave?

Interesting question.

I guess it would be an example of a periodic wave. Periodic waves vibrate up and down at a particular frequency. It would be possible to work out the speed of the wave but it would not be constant. You could possibly work out an average speed.

People with their hands in the air create a peak and the person next to them with their hands down give the illusion of a trough. The signal to raise your hand is when the person next to you raises theirs. By the time you raise your hand they have put theirs down.

Periodic waves are characterized by oscillating about their equilibrium position. In other words the people in the crowd stay in the one position. This is not true of all waves but it is true of periodic waves.

Tut

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you suggest a topic for my science investigatory project in life science? [ 0 Answers ]

Can you suggest a topic for my science investigatory project on life science for high school?

Science and life issues [ 3 Answers ]

Draw a punnett square showing a cross between a homozygous dominant parent and a heterozygous parent. B stands for brown fur.

Life science [ 2 Answers ]

How to explain the difference between living and once living things to second grade students

Life Science 7th grade [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: The cell wall of plant cells is made of__________________(lipidsorcellulose)?

View more questions Search