Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotchaiguy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Want to move to the savana, ga. Area, but how can we decide where ?
    We are nearing early retirement, live in the Great Lakes region; may want to move to Savana, Ga. Area-not in town or suburbs; can't afford much of a house per se: want to be near good shopping like Walmart and gas stations; not in the boondocks: established trees and yet a lot of room to have a large vegetable garden and the like; and friendly neighbors. ----------anyone have any good experience in the area for a couple who of wants to make some changes in scenery and a new start? We thought we would like to visit first--have been asked by a realtor friend who moved there several years ago to check it out, since we want a warmer climate and all. Also, any suggestions on how we can come there and stay say a month or so to get a better feel for the life there and not rak up a lot of costs? Does this place really exist ? Ha!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 05:40 PM
    Garden City is a nice area, if you will go a little bit out Pooler will have much lower cost housing. About one in every 10 homes will have been though a foreclosure over last few years so you will find very inexpensive housing unless you have very specific needs.

Feb 1, 2012, 04:38 AM
    This is not an answer. I got an e-mail saying that someone had answered my question. Fr_Chuck by name, but I didn't see any answer when I clicked and went to the site, Maybe I just don't know how to see it.

Feb 1, 2012, 04:56 AM
    Oops ! Fr_Chuck your answer must have just arrived. Just via our realtor friend, she sent us a bunch of lower cost--repos I think in the Guyton area. Lower but greatly reduced. Some look like they were not well taken care of maybe.But a friend did some investigating and ths area seems to be far from stores like Walmart and etc.and the roads we are use to in the country or else where, which are well thought out and like one mile aquare grids. I wonder how good the soil is for a large garden--all sticky red clay?

Thanks , Fr_Chuck

Hotchaiguy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex can't decide- I just told her I need to move on? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi everyone, this is my first post. My ex girlfriend of 2 years broke up two months ago. We are still talking on skype, sms and phonecalls every day which has been nice and I enjoy talking to her.I love her still and she says she has feelings for me. We broke up because for the last month or so...

Rent a home n NY, area will b renovated how much move time should I recv from mgmt? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in area of Nassau County, Long Island NY that a section of the property has been brought by a developer that plans to renovate about 20 homes and build townhomes. I understand there is no availability for me to relocate in another home within the complex which means I will have to move. The...

Move a inquiry to right area [ 9 Answers ]

Today I became a member and inadvertently, not being so computer savvy, posted my question about scalding hot water in cold tap in the "Forum Area." Anyway someone can help move this so I can get our question out thee without retyping? Thanks for your timel.

View more questions Search