Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wyeth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2012, 12:07 PM
    What Other Options Do I Have and Which Options Should I Choose?
    Hi,

I just happened to came across this site and was wondering if any members here might be able to help me with this problem of mine.

I am a mild mannered Malaysian Chinese (can't speak any Chinese languages fluently), 23 years old and I graduated roughly two years back (at 21 years old). I majored in the hospitality line and since the time I graduated until now, I still couldn't get a stable job in the hospitality line.

I managed to secure a job after 6 months of my graduation (after sending in countless of applications to different hotels) as a receptionist. Initially, I applied for a different position but was offered the receptionist position and after a month, I found out that I really didn't fit in with the staffs and there was once, my colleagues embarrassed me in front of guests about my fluency in speaking Chinese languages. I was actually trying very hard to improve myself but with the continuous 'bullying' that was going around, I was having second thoughts about staying. My boss finally asked me whether I wanted to become a permanent staff, which if I do, according to him, I need to work there for 2 years or more. So I respectfully declined him and told him that my uncle have asked me to work in his restaurant as he is in need of immediate staffs due to blooming business. My boss then told me not to include the hotel in my resume.

After completing three months in that hotel, I left and worked in my uncle's restaurant until now. Since I resigned, I have been applying to many hotels and have gone to a few interviews but none of them ever called me back. I have updated and gone through my resume and was sure that there was nothing with it. I was also heavily praised for my efficiency and work ethics during my college internship. Practically,according to my friends, I am 'unemployed' until now as I do not have a stable job. I even applied to the hotel that I did my internship in, and after following up with them, they told me that they do not have any openings. I called many hotels and most of them said that they are full except for receptionists.

Now, my entire family members are stressing me about finding a hotel job. Because of the constant stress, I could not sleep for 4 hours a day. I told them I am trying but they said that having a hotel job is better than working in a restaurant even though it may not be the job I am interested in.

My question is that should I open up my options and work as a receptionist again, or should I relocate to another state with more hotels that might increase my chances of getting a job or should I just continue working in my uncle's restaurant that is making good business? What other options do I have and which option should I choose?

Check out some similar questions!

What Are MY Options? [ 6 Answers ]

Here is my scenario: I'm a junior in high school; and I like a Freshman girl that I've only spoken with a couple times and those occasions are few and far between. I don't think I've ever really seemed interested; and I actually wasn't until very recently. Now that I am interested though, I...

Need options [ 2 Answers ]

I have receive a summon to come to court because I am being sued for a credit card debt. My debt for the credit card is 2700 plus interest 900 plus attorney and court fees. The total amount is 3,800.00. My court date is set for next month. I called the attorney and tried to settle. But the amout...

What are my options [ 7 Answers ]

The mother of my son has lied in court and to her family about me. She has taken my 3 year year old son away and refuses any contact with me or my family. I have had sole legal custidy of my 8 year old daughter for 4 years now and am worried about what her lies will do in regards of me having my...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.