Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbockes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Is va aid and attendance pension taxable for pa-1000?
    I understand that the Aid and Attendance VA Pension is tax free. PA has a Property Tax or Rent Rebate Program that is income based. If it is not considered for Income for the IRS then it should be excluded for these calculations for the PA-1000. Is this correct?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 31, 2012, 10:06 AM
    That is a state-specific tax question that is best posed to a local Pennsylvania tax expert.

Barring that, a phone call or email to the Pennsylavania tax department should get you a concise answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Early Pension Distributions taxable to Michigan? [ 1 Answers ]

My niece lost her job in Michigan and cashed out her 401 K in several distributions throughout the year. The distribution code on the 1099-R is "1". I am using Turbotax to complete her return and the Michigan return is asking for the source of this retirement plan. The choices are: Identify...

Is a VA aid and attendance pension taxable [ 4 Answers ]

My mom was awarded a VA aid and attendance pension in Sept 09. Will she receive a tax form(like a 1099) for reporting this income on her tax return? Is this pension taxable?

Company pension contributions taxable for US citizens? [ 1 Answers ]

I've a company overseas that has employed a US citizen. We have been providing our other international staff with offshore pension contributions in lieu of salary for local tax purposes. As US citizens are never considered non resident will this have to be taken into consideration when my...

Pension refund from Germany taxable in US ? [ 3 Answers ]

I worked in Germany from 2003-2005. From 2007 I am working in US. I received a notification of refund of pension contribution from Germany today. My question is that whether this is taxable in US for any years from 2007- ? (My assumption is that it is not taxable since during the time I made the...

View more questions Search