Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Prayers, Hope and Best Wishes Requested.
    This past weekend I learned that my only sibling has cancerous tumors throughout her body: 2 of which are on her spinal cord.

Those other than on the spinal cord will be removed with surgery, but radiation treatment will be tried on the ones at her spine.

My joking and jesting elsewhere is just my way to try to stay sane.

Please include my sister Shelly, her husband Chris, and the Doctors involved - in your prayers, hopes and best wishes.

Thank you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 08:36 AM
    Prayers, hope, and best wishes sent to your family, Shelly and her family and her medical team.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
    Your whole family are in my prayers, Rick. Best wishes for you all.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
    Rick, you and your entire family and those involved are in my thoughts and prayers.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2012, 10:08 AM
    You have my prayers, and the prayers of my parish if that is okay with you.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Thank you, all.

And yes, kcomissiong, adding my sister to the prayer list of those in your parish are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Today's visit with the oncologist (to discuss previous test results) confirmed cancer in the bones of her lower vertebrae. They are going to remove one of the larger tumors elsewhere to analyze the cells of it and look for "markers" that will help them determine the origin of the Cancer - so that they can plan better for future treatment.

Today she is having a different sort of scan done on her spine to help narrow down where they will start with radiation treatment on the tumors nearest her spine (which are causing her great pain and hardship walking).

For those of you who do not pray, please keep Shelly and the family in your best wishes and thoughts.

For those of you who pray, please pray with me: Lord, please comfort and strengthen Shelly, and remind her in a special way that You are with her. Please too comfort her husband, brother, parents and other family members. Please be with the doctors and surgeons who are treating and advising her.

Lord, have mercy.
    Christ, have mercy.
    St. Peregrine, pray for us.
    Mary, mother of our Lord, pray for us.

Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 6, 2012, 11:22 PM
    I am sorry Risk, I wish her a complete recovery.

Stringer
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Thank you all. Today we all agreed with the Oncologist that Chemo is not working. She's just not strong enough. Tomorrow she should be released from the hospital and go home for Home Hospice care.

If she is comfortable and with us for another 1-2 months, we will be happy and thankful.

At this point our prayers and wishes are for her comfort and spiritual well-being.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2012, 07:12 AM
    I just found this thread.

Rick, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Keep your spirit up, and enjoy every moment you have with her.

You know that you have a great support system here, when you need it. We're all here for you, and your family. Just say the word and we'll come running.
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2012, 07:28 AM
    My sister left us last night. She was healed of the cancer that had been afflicting her. Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes that you have given Shelly and our family. Between my tears of sadness there is joy. It's really hard today, but I know it will get easier because I look forward to seeing her again.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family. We can never fully grasp our loss, but in time take solace that the pain and suffering is over for our loved one. That can never replace their presence, or save you grief, but we can carry them in our hearts, where they can always be a part of us.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 01:20 PM
    Sorry for your loss. Now that her struggles are over she may be at peace. Blessing on your houshold and family.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 03:24 PM
    I am so very sorry for your loss. May this find Shelly in peace and out of pain. Prayers to you and your family during your time of sadness.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 04:01 PM
    Rick, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Know that your sister is in a better place, her pain has ended, and yours will as well.

We thought of you with love today,
    But that is nothing new.

We thought about you yesterday,
    And the days before that, too.

We think of you in silence.
    We often speak your name.

Now all we have is memories,
    And your picture in a frame.

Your memory is our keepsake,
    With which we'll never part.

God has you in His Keeping.
    We have you in our Heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prayers [ 0 Answers ]

Assalamu alaikum.I want to know that,I pray namaj regularly,but sometime it is done KAJAH by me unwillingly.my question is,do I have to perform it as kajah namaj in the next time?please inform me by QURAAN & HADITH.

I could use prayers [ 10 Answers ]

I'm never sure where to put some of my questions! Basically---my mom just called, and my dad is in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. He wasn't feeling well, and was having chest pains. They gave him nitro, and that helped, but they're taking him to the hospital for observation...

Prayers [ 18 Answers ]

Does God Hear my Prayers? When I pray through his Son Jesus Christ, does He hear them?? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search