Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emceezee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2012, 06:53 AM
    Entomology--what insect does this larvae/ cocoon (?) come from?
    I'm writing you from Italy, in case this additional information may help in identifying the cocoons (?) in the picture I am sending you. As you will see there are a series of them, and I found them exactly the same way as you see them in the picture. They were all empty but we cracked open one of them (they had a tough, gray and rough exterior) and found a long brown semi transparent wing inside. I have no idea what this is and of what insect it might have come from. They were all stuck on our curtain in the second floor of the house.
    Attached Images

Lost-in-Science Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 12:40 AM
    I'm sorry I couldn't tell you for sure, but it looks to me like a silkmoth of sorts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Biting flying insect that seems to be more of a sting Invisible flying insect [ 11 Answers ]

This invisible flying insect has bitten me for several years. It is active more in the dark hours or not a too well lighted area. It is very active around my bed and under the covers. This insect bites me in other location other than in my house. It bites me mostly out of my eye sight alignment...

Entomology [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a picture of a winged critter the size of a fruit fly? The close-up picture was taken directly from fly paper. S

Entomology-american bollworm [ 1 Answers ]

What is the real name of american bollworm?

Cocoon Worms on trees [ 1 Answers ]

I have what appears to a worm like thing on my pine trees, they have eaten it completely. What are they and how do I get rid of them?

View more questions Search