Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    holdfast2life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 01:10 PM
    Convicted Felon
    I'm a convicted felon. I would like to marry my boyfriend that is not a native or a resident of the united States. Is there a waiting period for me to file for his residency?
    seanmikel Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2007, 08:14 PM
    "From the time you mail your application until the time you become a US Citizen is usually between 10 and 18 months. It depends on where you live (different immigration offices serve different states and some offices are faster than others) and on how difficult your case is. Some cases are difficult because the immigrant spent long periods of time outside the United States, or cannot take the English test due to a disability, or cannot demonstrate “Good Moral Character,” etc."

Quoted from: Citizenship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Surety Bond - Convicted felon [ 7 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon (drug charge) who has served his time and is now going to school to learn a trade get bonded and get a contractor license?

Convicted Felon [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All I have a federal felony for Bank Fraud. I'm currentlty on probatin and It will end December 2008. So my felony will be on my record once my probation is over. Now I'm engaged and my Fiance' is enlisted in the United States Air Force. His orders will send him oversea's More than likely to...

Can I still get a Real Estate License if convicted felon? [ 2 Answers ]

I got in some trouble with the law in 2002. Now Im stuck with a felony for possession. Im still on probation. Can I still get a Real Estate license for the state of California?

17 year old convicted of rape [ 11 Answers ]

In relation to this story : story Is there any way to help this young man. I don't understand all the intricacies of law and thought this forum could help. I am basically infuriated with the judge's ruling and want to do something about it. Can I do anything? I mean , that kid could easily have...

Convicted Felons and travel [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon travel to the Caribbean? If so, is a passport required or will a certified birth certificate do?

View more questions Search