Which to Buy?
    Ive came across three riding mowers to chose from:

Cub Cadet 12.5 HP 38 inch with 400 hours: $600 Good Shape
    Craftsman 13 HP 42 inch hours N/A: $500 Very good shape
    MTD 14 HP 42 inch with less than 30 hours: $500 Almost brand new

Which would you prefer??
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Feb 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Riders take a beating, it can be a good machine and still it will have component failure. Of the choices the easiest to maintain and purchase reeplacement parts would be the craftsman. All of the craftsman parts are available online and they offer a breakdown as well. Your situation will play a roll also, if I had an established servicing Cub Cadet dealer within a block of home I would certainly consider the Cub. In the end the models mentioned are not all that different with regards to quality or reliability.

Good luck,
    Don
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2007, 07:27 PM
    I'd go with the AYP myself... (craftsman) skip the mtd... cub cadet maybe.. like new said, if you got good dealer support...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I buy [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I buy prell shampoo and which one do you buy for color treated hair I have the same problem as MANY of you do. Had blonde hair wanted a light brown came out wayyyyyyyyy to dark and now the color won't fade and you used everything possible. So my question is what kind of prell shampoo do...

Where do you buy your makeup? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I am trying to get stores to sell my fiance's aunt's new makeup line called about face by Pamela John. It is a mineral-based makeup line. The question I have for you all is where do you normally buy your makeup products? (department store, salon, independent...

Would you buy.. yes or no [ 3 Answers ]

Was considering Cub Cadet till I saw MTD makes them.. would you still buy knowing MTD makes it?

What Windows do I buy? [ 10 Answers ]

Looking to get a new computer and have no idea what I "need" :confused:. I usually only am on the internet, use e-mail, and the kids play some games on it. For Windows XP-do I get Home ed. Media ed. Or assuming not Prof. ed. Also, looking to get Intel Pent. 4. How about Rams? And Hard Drive GB? And...

What the best PC to buy [ 3 Answers ]

Please tell me what the best PC to buy. I have a dell PC about a year now and have had trouble twice.

View more questions Search