Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 28, 2012, 11:16 AM
    Sanicompact waste pipe valve...
    I installed my Sanicompact toilet.. And in case I have to remove it, I put one of these
    (basically this) in the output pipe.. Os that it can't flow back out if I unhook the toilet

The out pipe is a 1" pvc and the Saniflo has a macerator on it, is this OK?

I tested it and it seems fine so far (even using toilet paper) but, having done the whole install myself, I just want a second opinion. :)

THANKS!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
    And you just "dry fitted" those fittings so you could pull them apart? Your inspector might not like it but if it's tight with no leaks I'll give it a pass. Good luck, Tom
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Jan 28, 2012, 01:25 PM
    No. It's glued properly. About 5 " from the bend that hooks to the toilet. All glued. The waste connection from the toilet is rubber with a hose clamp. So that's what unhooks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 29, 2012, 05:40 AM
    Gotcha! Not the usual hookup but If It's tight and works good I'll still give it a pass. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waste pipe? [ 6 Answers ]

What is the difference between soil & waste pipe?

Does the overflow pipe have to be directly over the waste line pipe in the subfloor? [ 1 Answers ]

We are installing a new tub in the exact spot the old tub stood, but the drain in the new tub is in the center of the length of the tub instead of the end like almost every other tub out there. (Its freestanding like a clawfoot tub but with a pillar base. -made for 2 people) We need to move the...

A new waste pipe - is this right? [ 3 Answers ]

I added the waste pipe located at the front of the attached picture 1... The vertical arm on the left of the main waste pipe was already plumbed for future connection as was the vertical pipe on the right coming down from the second floor (you can see it in picture2). Can anyone verify that this...

Replace Lead Pipe from Toilet to Hubless Waste Pipe [ 3 Answers ]

My house is a craftsman style house from 1912 in Oakland, California. I have a big hole in a 24" horizontal lead pipe that bends at 90 degrees and connects the only toilet in the house to the hubless waste pipe. How do I go about removing the lead pipe? (What tools do I need and what type of...

125mm waste pipe [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if the drainage pipes from the kitchen sink are supposed to join directly onto the same 125mm waste pipe that the toilets are also connected to? Iam in the process of refurbishing my flat and have come across such a setup. Does anyone know if this is legal? Surely there must...

View more questions Search