Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 28, 2012, 09:53 AM
    Jewelry-possibly native american
    Hello guys. I have a ring that was given to me by my grandmother before she died. The story says that it was given to her by her grandmother who was a Cherokee Indian living in Tennessee. Supposedly it was around the turn of the century. I believe it is a large opal and 14k gold band. It also has three tiny diamonds. That's the story... how much of it is true I have no idea and I don't know if the diamonds are real or any of it for that matter but my grandma seemed to believe it was truth. I will attach a picture and any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how much might it be worth, just out of curiosity.

Jan 28, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Did the attach work?
    Attached Images

Feb 4, 2012, 06:29 PM
    Is there anyone out there that can answer this? Please? It would be much appreciated.
    kitashea Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2012, 09:47 PM
    It looks hand crafted but not Native American. I have never seen diamonds in native jewelry. A local jeweler should be able to tell you more. Does it have any markings in the band? The stone looks more pearl or something like that. Opals usually have flashes of color in them that come through.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Native American Jewelry [ 2 Answers ]

What is the history of Squash Blossom necklaces?

Native american jewelry hallmark? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a sterling silver turquoise and coral pendant stamped DB underneath a horzontal broken bow. I have not been able to identify this hallmark. Can anyone help?

Native american jewelry hallmarks? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, is anyone familiar with a hallmark which includes an arrow with what looks like a tomahawk and another little mark I can't identify. The three symbols are connected. The item is a roadrunner pin. Thanks.

View more questions Search