Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacogyrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 10:05 PM
    Is The love Still There?
    I've been with my mate for 16 years off, and on. He has cheated in the past but I still forgave him, I haven't been so perfect myself. I really believes he loves me, and I love him as well, but sometimes I bring up the past.

I want to trust him, and I want him to trust me. We have kids together, and I also have two kids that are not his. We argue too much now. Do you think its time to call it quites now. Please help me with this question.
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Jan 27, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Do you still love him, if yes and he still loves you, it can be worked out its not easy but with counseling, and change of the way you treat each other.please let go of the past, it is just that the past look forward to your future, it will take quite a few years to regain his trust, but as a counseler told me once how many years has it been bad? It might take a while to make it right hang in there.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Maybe it's a bad spell, or tough times, but you have to learn to curb your tongues, think before you act or speak, and not let emotions lead to bad behavior when you argue or disagree. Sometimes even older couples have to be reminded to step back and calm down. Especially during stressful times or situations.

When it gets to be too much, and it does from time to time, then just shut up, and let the emotional dust settle, and try talking during calmer times.
    lostsoul19 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2012, 07:44 PM
    I think you should go to some type of counseling to try to see if you can works things out especially in there are kids involved but your own happiness is important as well.
    mmresd Posts: 2,002, Reputation: 553
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2012, 07:56 PM
    Stop rubbing in his face his mistake, that is the time when you have actually forgave him, until then you are just keeping it as a secret weapon. Start rebuilding trust, by actually forgiving him if you wish to continue this relationship. If you can't, then end this relationship, because without trust there is no relationship to begin with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymore [ 34 Answers ]

3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away...

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him [ 13 Answers ]

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him... Because of some misunderstanding and maybe he got bored.. I myself don't know the real reason ... but I still love him... how can I get him back...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

View more questions Search