Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kohoutek Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Boyfriend's Ex is harassing me - What do I do?
    My boyfriend left his partner for me - We've been together 4 months now and we're completely in love, but she won't leave us alone. She's been alternating between begging him to come back and then telling him he's ugly and that she doesn't know what I see in him. She's attacked him twice in front of their son when he's been round to visit him - the first time she threw him down the stairs, the last time she broke his ribs!

She's been texting me long abusive messages (everything from calling me ugly, to telling me that my boyfriend is a liar and has been sleeping with her all along), after stealing three of his phones and getting my number, and lying about me to his friends and family.

The last text she sent said that she was coming to see me whilst I was at work on Saturday (I work in retail). What should I do? I'm terrified she will turn up - my boyfriend said that, knowing her as he does, there's a 30-70 chance she'll keep her word but 30% is still too high for me!

I never reply to her texts but I replied to that one and told her that if she set one foot inside my place of work, and given her violent history and the fact that her last attack on my boyfriend 'went on record', I would have the police out on a charge of harassment faster than she could say "Criminal Record" - but she replied that I couldn't stop her from shopping and that she was going to bring her son and show him the 'ugly *****' his father left for.

I don't know what to do. I really want me and my boyfriend's son to have a relationship in the future. I see this lasting a long time, and, as my parents separated when I was young, I know her behaviour is only being detrimental to her son's feelings towards her in the long term - but I'm so terrible at confrontation and I really don't want the unprofessionalism of her turning up in my place of work.

Any advice? I have a horrible feeling she's right and that I couldn't have her thrown out if she just 'turned up'. Obviously if she starts having a go at me in public, it's a different matter, but as it stands I'm just scared to go to work!
    Schoolmarm97 Posts: 206, Reputation: 47

Jan 27, 2012, 08:22 AM
    Restraining orders are always nice. :) Then you most definitely can have her thrown out. Go to the local police station and see if they'll swear one out for you as a temporary until you can get a judge to grant a full one.

If you can't get that done in time, you CAN have her arrested for assault if she shows up and makes a scene. Press charges. It's not pretty, but it might be your best bet. But if she just shows up to shop, there's truly nothing you can do without an RO. It's a shame that she's not going to let your new love's son have the pleasure of your company, but really, did you expect that moving in on someone else's lover wasn't going to have repercussions? Sometimes you pay the price up front, and other times it comes over time in small increments, but there's always a price.

And here's a word of advice: If he'll do it with you, he'll do it to you, so don't be surprised if four years from now you're the one chasing down his next Big Love. You and he were in the wrong, not his partner. She may be a total she-devil, but he should have left her on those terms before he started a new relationship. It would have been the right thing to do, and his integrity would have shone like a beacon.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 27, 2012, 10:58 PM
    CALL THE COPS, AND REPORT THIS!! Like he should be doing!! I guess that's what happens when you steal somebody's baby daddy, and he ain't handling his business to protect you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slander and harassing [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know how can I sue the police department. 1 of their officials is going around spreading rumors and they were harassing me, calling my phone or, when they saw me, telling me I have to know what happened to me. I already told the hospital, and my 6 year old son did as well - he was...

Harassing neighbor [ 13 Answers ]

I am guessing none of you answering this question have lived with crazy neighbors. Unfortunately I do, my neighbor shoots his guns off at least 3-10 times a year after dark. Runs my mail box over, smashes all the windows out of all the cars on my property (that are outside). My van was gone of...

Harassing My Kids [ 3 Answers ]

I have a former employee that has been going around telling all kinds of lies etc. But now she has crossed the line and is attacking my kids. Day before yesterday the principal from my sons school called and this woman came in and stated that my son threw down her son and kicked him resulting in...

Harassing neighbors [ 1 Answers ]

My parents have been living in their neighborhood for 33 years. They have 9 grandchildren. We have constantly had to fuss and fight with our neighbor because her kids are harassing ours. We tried sitting down talking to the neighbor in a civilized manner, however; she is just like the kids. They...

Harassing Neighbor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a friend named Mae and Jasper who live in Capitol Heights, MD. They have a neighbor who lives next door to them who has been calling the police, ambulance, fire department or whoever on them for the past 18 months. They have been down to the courts but no one is helping them. The court...

View more questions Search