Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hardyshere Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 09:38 PM
    How to hook up s-video from a non directv receiver to lcd TV with no s-video hookup?
    I just purchased a non digital direct TV receiver and a new 32 inch lcd TV and the receiver has a s-video outlet and my lcd does not , is there an adapter they sell as I would rather use the s-video than the coax cable wire
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2012, 07:09 AM
    Do you have Component Video on both(Red, green and blue). Better than S-Video.
    hardyshere Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2012, 07:46 AM
    The cable receiver has 2 sets of red,white,yellow
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
    All DirecTV receivers are digital (just not all of them have digital outputs). This is also a satellite receiver, not a cable receiver.

You can connect it to your TV via composite audio/video, which is the yellow, white, and red connections. You can adapt the S-Video to the composite video (yellow RCA connection), but the picture quality would be no different than if you just used the composite video connection to begin with.

So if you only have S-Video, composite video, and regular coax connections, but your TV does not have an S-Video connection, then the best way to connect the box to your TV is using composite audio/video connections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect a sat elite receiver to a go video television [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to connect a dish sat elite receiver to a go video television set and do not know which terminal to connect the coax wire to either antenna in or antenna out

Old LCD Binocular video game [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for name of lcd video games shaped like binoculars, and to play you look through them and use the buttons on the side. They came in blue, red and white and I think they were different games (one of which was tank game). Thanks

How to connect a vcr/dvd to an lcd Samsung TV and directv hd receiver [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new lcd TV and can not connect the vcr/dvd. I have directv hd box. I tried the same way I have it in my other tvs ( not lcds) and does not work. Any one have any ideas, I tried the instructions from the book with no luck. Thanks

View more questions Search