Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lopez1954 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 08:47 AM
    1996 toyota camry
    I need to change the bulb in the left tail light of my 1996 Toyota camry.

Can someone help me out with this, I do not have a manual and am sure it is very easy.

Thanks
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 15, 2007, 08:53 AM
    Access to the tailight is through your trunk. You should see several plastic disc holding down the trunk liner. In your case I think the disc has a phillips screw head but it only requires a half turn. It is really a screw, it is a cam. Once you remove several of these disc you should see the light asembly. Rotate the plastic bulb holder 1/4 turn to the left. Out it comes.
    Good luck
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Wrong. Do as said above, but the light assy is bolted to the tail panel. 2 small 8mm nuts need removing. Pull, then bump the tail light assy to the side. (2 tabs hold it on the sides)
    THEN you can twist out the burnt bulb socket.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota Camry light bulb replacement [ 3 Answers ]

The light bulb has burnt out on the gear shift assembly. I have a 1998 Totoyta Camry. How do I get in to replace it. Thanks Pam

Timing belt toyota camry 1991 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I have a toyota camry 1991 v6 the timing belt broke off and I can't afford to pay a mechanic. Now I'm trying to fix is myself, my problem is the firing order of the cylender and the setting of the timing gear and belt. Thanks in advance hope to hear from someone soon...

96 toyota camry stereo amp [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the amp located and how do I get to it?

Toyota camry overhead light replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to open the overhead light compartment in my camry in order to replace the light bulb?:)

View more questions Search