Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenjordi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
    Why is my temporary crown sitting on top of my gum line and not under the gum line?
    I have a temporary lava crown (4 teeth) in place and 3 of the 4 teeth are UNDER the gum line, but the farthest right tooth sits on top of the gum line, I can feel the rough edge of it and see that it is not under the gum. Is this a problem? Is it normal for a dentist to place a crown on top of a gum in some cases? Since all 4 teeth are one piece, will it "pull" the other 3 out from under my gums too?

Check out some similar questions!

Broken off tooth at gum line. [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. My dentist says that I have 4 teeth, all have had root canals and have a cap, that are badly decayed under the cap and have to be pulled. He's afraid they may break off. How would he get the tooth (roots) out if the tooth breaks off? Will I feel anything? Also, I have a tooth that has...

Gum pain after a Crown [ 0 Answers ]

I recently had crown put on a tooth and after two months, I started getting shooting pain radiating from my lower jaw (near the crown) up to my ear. I had the bite adjusted (3rd time) and I think he got it right this time, no more radiating pain. One problem gone and another took it's place the...

Upper front tooth broke off slightly below gum line, can I get a root canal? [ 6 Answers ]

I knew it wouldn't last long the last time I had it filled but was hoping it would last until I could save up for an implant, it didn't. It' broke slightly below the gum line. I still can not afford an implant but it's hard to talk and eat now. I need something to last for a year or so. I'm...

Exposed ground down tooth between my crown and gum line what to do [ 3 Answers ]

After my root canal I received my crown. The Dentist ground down my tooth and fitted a temp crown after a couple of weeks my permeate crown came in and it was placed on my tooth However I have noticed and have asked about the gap between the crown and my gum line. I have a good size gap between...

File breaking off in my gum line [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dentist last week and had the beginning of the root canal done. I have had them done before and this is the first time that I had to go to two visits. So I left Tuesday with the root canal not fully done. I was to come back a week later and they were going to finish. Well Saturday...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.