Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vectra619 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
    Anything I can do if ex wife gets pregnant?
    Anything I can do if ex wife gets pregnant, I had a vasectomy because of problems. Can I stop her?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2012, 03:34 PM
    Why are you concerned about what your ex-wife is doing?

Why do you care if she's someone else's baby if you are divorced?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 03:36 PM
    No, she may go have sex with someone else, and she may get pregnant, and you have no right to require an abortion.

You may divorce her if she is cheating on you.
    vectra619 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 26, 2012, 03:48 PM
    Even though I had it done because of problem pregnancy's
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 04:08 PM
    If she is your ex-wife, why would her getting pregnant affect you?

If you had a vasectomy because she had problem pregnancies then it was a choice you made as a couple. It was a decision that should have included the health of your marriage and if there was a chance (even the smallest possibility) of things not working out and the marriage dissolving.

After you divorced, her choices are now all her own as are yours. You have no say in her life and she has none in yours.

You cannot punish her for a choice that was ultimately yours. She may have been a part of the decision but you are the one who went through the procedure.

If you are now regretting your choice, talk to your doctor about the possibility of having the vasectomy reversed.
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2012, 05:26 PM
    She's youe EX wife - why is this your concern? I care nothing about what my EX husband does.

I doubt she put a gun to your head and performed the vascetomy without your knowledge. Maybe I don't understand the circumstances.

Maybe she didn't want to have your child. The "new" person is a different story.

I realize you gave me a "dislike" because you didn't "like" my answer. If you want people to agree with you, ask your friends and family for their suggestions.

For that matter, why did you post this under marriage. Seems clear to me that it's a LEGAL question. Is English your first language?

Your marriage - according to you - is over.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 28, 2012, 03:14 PM
    Sorry guy, but you cannot control your ex, nor should you. Frankly its none of your business.

See a doctor about reversing the procedure if that's what you are PO'd about, and if she had pregnancy issue with you, then she has them with others a well right? Stop talking to her, as there is a good reason you are no longer married.

Divorce, and no children means you are no longer available for her BS!!
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2012, 03:01 PM
    This gets even stranger - apparently OP has remarried. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...al-630871.html

- and he has kids!

Something is being left out about relationship with "ex."
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 29, 2012, 03:36 PM
    In vectra's defense, he doesn't say that they did have children. Only that there problem pregnancies.

I am curious about whether the other post is about the same wife or new wife. If it is a new wife, it may shed some light on why he is upset if his ex is having children with a new person and he feels he can't.

But same advice still applies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix problems between my wife and my mother? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My wife is very rude. We are married for 10 years but stay togeth for 5 year. I brought my parents from my country and they are also living with me. We have one baby boy. Whenever I help my family back to my country, my wife is fighting with me and also she fights with my mom too. Now she...

2 Missed period, 2 negative pregnant. Test. Fiancˇ had vasectomy. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I really hope someone can help me. I am 23 and I have now missed two periods. I have taken 2 pregnancy test about 25 days apart and they both come up negative. I have two children and I do not feel pregnant. My youngest is 6 months old. I was sick with both of them and extremely tired, but I...

Ex-wife problems [ 6 Answers ]

My boy-friend has been divorced for 2 years now. He has a 11 year old in that marriage. His daughter doesn't get along with her mother. IS she of age to where she can tell the judge she wants to live with her dad? She tells me that she knows her mom loves her, but she doesn't feel like she likes...

View more questions Search