Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Jan 26, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Can I use a credit card to pay for my overdraft checking account for another bank?
    I have two account for one bank and I have two account for my other bank. I use Bank of America and Citizen Bank in United States of America. I have a credit card for citizen Bank in United States America. My bank of American checking account is overdraft and I am almost finish pay my overdraft with cash by maybe a least $100 more. I know this sound stupid I am wondering can I use a credit card to pay for my overdraft checking account for another bank? I know if I use a credit card that I have pay for the bill and my parent will help pay for the credit bank, but not the bank of America checking account. So can I do or do I have to use a check to pay for my checking account for bank of America of money?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 12:46 PM
    You will have to get a cash advance from a ATM from the credit card to pay the fee at the other bank.

Since most banks charge a daily fee for over drafts now, you need to cover it ASAP as it will grow ( most banks)

You do need to get a handle on your budget, keep your balance in your check book to keep this from happening.

Feb 3, 2012, 11:53 AM
    I know how to get money from the ATM with the credit card, but I want know will be deduce out of checking accoumntor will be a credit?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lbaven View Post
    I know how to get money from the ATM with the credit card, but I want know will be deduce out of checking accoumntor will be a credit?

What? If you are asking if money taken out of your account using an ATM is a credit, no, it is not. Your account is DEBITED that amount.

Feb 6, 2012, 10:39 AM
    From the creit card or from your checking account?
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2012, 10:58 AM
    Depends on whether your ATM card is tied to your checking account or charge account.

I have one of each - I can use an ATM to withdraw from my bank account OR the other card to post against my charge account.

What has you confused? If you are overdrawn the ATM won't let you take more money out of that account.

Feb 7, 2012, 06:31 PM
    What does charge account mean?
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Ibaven, YOU'RE the one who posted " I have a credit card for citizen Bank in United States America."

I assumed you knew what a credit card was.

If not, go to the bank and ask.
    Expert

Feb 7, 2012, 09:59 PM
    I will have to agree, you have a credit card, if you go to a ATM and use it, you get cash that is charged against your credit card account.

If you go to a ATM and use your checking account card ( the money is taken from the bank account)

So do you really have a credit card or is it just a ATM card that is linked to your checking account, ( normally called bank card) those are issued for your checking account and are not a real credit card.

Feb 8, 2012, 06:15 PM
    I have an ATM card and a credit card.

Feb 22, 2012, 12:21 PM
    My bank account is close for about three years now. I have to pay for withdrawn that I took out three years ago. I went two Bank of America Banks. I went to the bank in the mall and they told me. I need to pay about $296.92 and I went to another bank that about five minuets away my house the next day and they told me I need to pay $132.96. I am really confuse to do I need pay $296.92 or do I need to pay $132.96. Can somebody help me?
    Uber Member

Feb 22, 2012, 01:30 PM
    This issue or one similar has been explained to you in this same thread, many times. No one here knows the status of your bank accounts. Presumably the Bank knows. It could be two different accounts or just about anything else. You need to get the information from the Bank IN WRITING concerning what you do or do not owe. It sounds to me - because it's been two years - that it's possible that the lower figure does not include penalties and fees. It is also possible that you are now being asked to pay Attorney costs. Has the Bank taken this to Court?

I don't know if you are dealing with two branches of the same Bank, two different Banks, something else.

Get it in writing.

Feb 24, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Can the credit card company send you the bill and what buy with the money in mail?
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2012, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lbaven View Post
    Can the credit card company send you the bill and what buy with the money in mail?

Yes, the credit card company can send you a bill in the mail.

I don't know what "what buy with the money in the mail" means.

What exactly are you asking? Can a credit card company send you special offers which you can purchase by mail or over the Internet? Yes.

But I don't understand what this means regarding your overdraft account.
    Expert

Feb 24, 2012, 06:53 PM
    I am closing this, it has been asked and answers, I find it hard to believe the poster is old enough to have credit cards to be honest. And if they are, obviously they do not understand how they work and that they have to pay for things they buy or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can take money from personal account to pay off overdraft in joint account [ 1 Answers ]

I have my own personal account but I still have a joint account with my soon to be x husband, this account is now overdrawn thanks to him, and he is paying no money in to this account when it gets to the limit can the bank take money without my permision out of my own account to pay off the joint...

Levying a bank account from credit card judgement [ 3 Answers ]

How often is it that credit cards levy bank accounts after judgement? I have since been in contact w them every day and they are still willing to settle. Could they touch my husbands accounts if my name is not on them?

Credit card bank account levy Texas [ 0 Answers ]

I have a credit card debt of approx. $19,000 owed to a federally chartered bank. We are Texas residents and reside in Texas. The account has been in collection for over a year. The collection agency has threatened to issue a levy on our bank account. We also have a business account which is an LLC...

Can you have a warrant issued when you haven't been able to pay bank overdraft [ 2 Answers ]

I live in monroe county Tennessee. The credit union (y-12 credit union in blount county tennessee) called my house to tell me that if I did not get there in thirty minutes they were signing the warrant for my arrest. They saqid they had been calling me and leaving me messages and that phone call...

Garnishment of joint checking account for credit card debt [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Mississippi. My husband had a judgement against him by Discover Card. In January, 2007, they took $547.05 from out joint account. (The money is still in there today, just showing unavailable.) I opened my own account in just my name with payment on demand to my husband. They won't let...

View more questions Search