Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2012, 09:19 AM
    Reseller Markup
    On a reseller business. What percent markup is profitable to use as a formula?
    After all you cost is realized to bring the product to sale.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2012, 09:22 AM
    That is up to you. You have to be sure to include ALL costs to you - when figuring what to resell something for. Some people like to double their money, others are happy with just 10-20%... but the key is making sure that you account for all of your expenses when considering what to re-sell the item for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2012, 10:47 AM
    The majority of companies I have worked for do this. If they buy the item for 100 dollars, they sell it for 200. They are not double their money since they still pay for the store, salaries, electric and all business costs out of the 100 dollars over the cost of goods. So they have to control that cost. That is the issue, controlling the other costs, If they spent too much, they lose money, if they keep costs down, they often ended up with 15 to 20 percent total profit.

Many business work with about a 10 percent total profit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you find markup? [ 1 Answers ]

A jewellery store purchases earrings form a manufacturer for $5 each. If the store sells the earrings for 12.50 each, what is the precent markup? a. 75% b. 125% c. 150% d. 200%

Starting A Reseller Hosting [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, so I enjoy computers a lot, and web design. So I've decided to start a small reseller hosting for some extra money.. but I'm not sure what I do about registering it anything and I have no clue what to do about taxes... need as much info as possible please.. thanks

View more questions Search