Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tvolmert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 03:15 PM
    Hair follicle test
    I do not smoke marijuana but my wife does. I have to take a hair follicle test. Will I fail because the weed is in the hair, even though I do not smoke?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 25, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Yes, quite possible. Best to wash your hair a lot, but why do you have to take a test ?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2012, 03:40 PM
    Tickle is absolutely correct. External contamination is a major problem in hair drug testing involving any smoked product. The chemical washes used prior to testing are ineffective in many cases. See In Vitro Contamination of Hair by Marijuana Smoke, 2004 Several follow-up tests have added additional weight to this finding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair follicle test [ 5 Answers ]

Hair follicle test- I am currently trying to get another job and ii know they give hair follicle tests. I probably won't have to take the test for another two to three weeks. About three weeks ago I smoked marijuana with a friend. Just took a couple of pulls off a one-hitter. That is it. I...

Hair Follicle Test [ 1 Answers ]

I have smoked 1 blunt in the last 4 day and in about a week I will have to take a hair follicle test and I was wanting to know will I pass it or how can I pass it? Now keep in mind that I haven't smoked in some years. Just bored and stressed because my job closed down.

Hair Follicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering about hair follicle tests. If you are in the same room as someone smoking marijuana, crack or meth, could you come up positive on the test? If so would it have to be the same day, without washing your hair? If you washed your hair wouldn't it come out and show clean, or could it...

Hair follicle test [ 1 Answers ]

If your hair has been chemically treated,can this affect a hair follicle drug test?

View more questions Search