Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joshuahewish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2012, 01:34 AM
    15 orange sweets and 10 yellow sweets 1 gets taken,probability it was orange?
    I have 15 orange sweets and 10 yellow sweets 1 gets taken out of the packet, what is the probability that the sweetis:
    (A) orange
    (B) yellow
    Aurora2000 Posts: 111, Reputation: 16

Jan 25, 2012, 10:28 AM
    You have 15 orange sweeties and 10 yellow sweeties, for a total of 25 sweeties. Probability can be thought as "favorable cases on total cases".

(A) Sweetie is orange: favorable cases 15 as you have 15 orange sweeties, total cases 25, thus probability 15/25

(B) Sweetie is yellow: similarly, 10 favorable cases on 25 total cases, thus probability 10/25

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toner. Yellow/orange hair [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I dyed my hair red(from blonde) It turned out a really pretty color, but the red ended up only staying in the roots, and the rest turned a light brown color. So... I decided to go back blonde. I used a bleach, and put it on my roots for about half hour, then sprad the bleach out to the...

How can I stop eating sweets ? [ 0 Answers ]

I have this problem where I can't stop eating sweets. I eat them everyday. I even steal money to buy sweets and steal sweets! ( another problem STEALING!) I have to have sweets everyday, I eat them day or night. For Halloween, I got a whole big bag of sweets and I ate them in one day. I gave...

What does it mean when a non diabetic is thirsty sweating always craving sweets [ 1 Answers ]

If a non diabetic sugar reads 423, 562, HI on a glucose meter what does that mean Hi I am a 26 year old woman and for a while I have been sweating profusely, craving sweets, thirsty and exhausted. A close friend of mine noticed that all of this and decided to check my sugar it was HI, 562, 351,...

Sweets in Elementary School Parties [ 12 Answers ]

I recently moved from a School District that was new and had State of the Art buildings and technology. Their food policy was never to allow any junk food (sweets) into the classrooms for birthday parties or any school reward. If there were rewards for classroom contests, they won prizes from a...

Indian Sweets [ 1 Answers ]

How to make Gulabi Jammon - An Indian Sweets

View more questions Search