Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonysoto Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 06:51 PM
    Being around my newborn
    I'm a sex offender that's having a baby with girlfriend and was wondering if there is a possibility that I will be able to be a round it.. I'm in treatment and on probation...
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 24, 2012, 06:56 PM
    Possible.

What sort of sexual offense did you commit?

Jan 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
    3rd degree sexual conduct with a underage female
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2012, 07:11 PM
    Talk to your PO

Jan 24, 2012, 07:17 PM
    I have he said I need to get done with treatment fast
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2012, 10:03 PM
    I would hope your girlfriend who you are having the baby with is not "under age"

But was this more a issue of dating and having sex with a under age girl, not really a young child, nothing like a 3 or 10 year old, but someone who was that 15 or 16?

So you need to follow what the PO says, also your lawyer after child is born can petition the judge to allow it
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2012, 04:18 AM
    That sounds encouraging. As Chuck notes, if your conviction was about about having sex with a post adolescent girl you were dating, rather than a pattern of sex with children, then once you complete your treatments, it should be allowed.

On the other hand, it wasn't very smart of you to start having sex with another girlfriend, given your record. So, there may be consequences. As Chuck noted, the hope is that you are your girlfriend are both adults.

Feb 8, 2012, 06:36 AM
    Yeah we are both adults. She is 24 and I'm 23 and the victim was I believe they said 15... at the time of the offense I was lied to about her age by my sister twice... so basically I just need to finish treatment and I should be able to be around my kid... I also thought about write a letter to the judge that had my case to inform her that this had never happened before and would have not happen if I knew the victims right age

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I change the name of a Newborn ? [ 0 Answers ]

OK my son is 4 days old and his father did sing but I put my last name but I want to put his last name because he is going to be in his life how do I do it??

Rights of a newborn baby can the father refuse to give the newborn back [ 3 Answers ]

A teenage who is 17 just had a baby and the father who is 16 is trying to take the newborn who is 5 days old.Can he do that

Newborn Baby [ 1 Answers ]

Mother s n hiding, baby due July 10th, has lost 2 already through courts, what do I do 2 establish dna, file charges 4 kidnapping, e.t.c?

Newborn Visitation [ 2 Answers ]

I’m due to give birth near the end of June 2008 in Kansas and have a terrible dilemma on my hands. The father of my unborn child lives out of state (GA) and is demanding that I sign an agreement prior to the baby’s birth allowing him to take the baby 4 solid months out of the year for each year up...

Claiming a newborn [ 4 Answers ]

We had a baby in June, we are not married and are filing separately. Who should claim the baby on their taxes?

View more questions Search