Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennieblue Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 02:28 PM
    What happens if cause of death is wrong on death certificate?
    My husband died of a rare condition which he was infected with whilst in hospital, this condition went undiagnosed,and the wrong information put on his death certificate.
    Can anything be done to change the information at all?

Jessica
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jan 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
    Was a postmortem exam conducted or did his attending physician certify the cause based on medical history?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 24, 2012, 03:42 PM
    Have you contacted the person who filed the death certificate.

Also what was the shown cause of death. Often causes of death are listed more "general"

Also is there a reason it makes a difference, is there a law suit issue planned.

If there is a law suit planned, I would get the attorney to deal with the death certificate

Jan 24, 2012, 06:13 PM
    Hi,
    No I didn't contact the medic that signed off on it.
    Cause of death was given as Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis.
    The certificate was signed before the results of autopsy was known.
    He actually died of Aspergilosis and Septicemia.
    My time had run out for pursuing it legally thanks to the hospital complaints procedure being inadequate at the time.
    Cannot afford to fund a lawsuit privately.
    I only wish I could...

Thank you so much for your reply.

Jessica

Jan 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Hi,
    He was in the care of a hospice physician for less that 24 hours, and he made the decision based on the minimal information that he had been given from the hospital...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong info on death certificate [ 4 Answers ]

My mother in law passed away last week... she was in the hospital awaiting a liver transplant. She began to vomit quite a bit so doctors found ulcers. They put her to sleep to "clamp" the ulcers but a few days later she vomitted again. They gave her a phenigran sp? To help with the nausea. She...

Death Certificate [ 15 Answers ]

Need some help here, My second cousin recently passed away but we were very close when I was young, took me fishing, football, did everything a father should for his son. I was asked to start to arrange everything for his funeral has his daughter is out of the country for the next few days and...

Death Certificate - Cause of Death Recorded Incorrectly [ 8 Answers ]

Is it common practice to write down on the death certificates the wrong reason for cause of death? And if so, why do doctors do that? This happen to my dad a few weeks ago and I'm just trying to understand. Thanks in advance, Scott

Birth/Death Certificate [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I have the following information about my Greatgrandfather from the 1901 census but would like to know when he died. Name: George J Lee Born: about 1827 St. James London Civil Parish: Hackney...

Death certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am doing a biographical search on a subject, minor nobility, who died in South of France, 1878 and would like to obtain death certificate, also find burial place. She is buried in Nimes, Arles, maybe Nice. Can anyone direct me how to get records in France, and a listing...

View more questions Search