Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unionproud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 10:49 AM
    Shop Stewards Conflicts
    We have a union member running for the Head Chairperson position at our Local Unit and is directly related to the management for the Company that we will be negotiating a contract with- How can it not be a Conflict and be in the best interest on the behalf of the bargaining unit? Open for ideas on how to handle this situation and opinions
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2012, 11:04 AM
    Personally as a Union member myself. I also can't see how it can't be, or at least wouldn't have the possibility of becoming one.

Despite the best of intentions... its a situation that is unlikely to be able to avoid issues... or at least the suspicion of them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2012, 11:48 AM
    So oppose him in the run for office or support who else is running for office and use this to ask for others not to support him.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2012, 12:07 PM
    And make sure this is known to all the rank and file when you or someone else runs for that (assuming it's a large enough site you actually have an election and its not an informal show of hands)... I'm sure it would influence the election, and you aren't even stretching the truth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Management union shop stewards?! [ 2 Answers ]

To whom it may concern, My place of employment, the Toms River branch of the Ocean County Library system in Ocean County, New Jersey already has union representation, but I have some concerns which I would like to ask you about. My main concerns are that not only are our immediate supervisors...

Are shop stewards allowed to be lead hands [ 2 Answers ]

Our shop steward and . Shop steward were both made lead hands shortly after being Elected. I would like to know if anyone thinks that this would be a conflict of interest?

View more questions Search