Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deano41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
    HR Dissertation Topics
    Can you please recommend to me Human Resource Management Dissertation Topics?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2007, 06:06 PM
    A study of learning and knowledge management initiatives in Statoil

Philosophising human resource management: Uncovering the issues of the contemporary self

Researching on the existence of contradictions and understanding their nature in every day human resource management practice

Performance-related pay: rhetorics and realities - a case study of PRP in a Chinese SOE

Organisational culture: a critical insight into its effects on the workforce

The government of the soul and the implications of society and culture in the meaning of working and life

How 'alien' is the notion of human resource management in the national health service?

Performance appraisal and the commodification of labour in the contemporary capitalist society

The relationship between perceived human resource management (HRM)
    Practices and individual performance on the universalistic proposition

Emotional labour
    danielaelina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 11:07 AM

Can you please tell me more topic about human resource it is nice ideas and I want more. Or in inequality and quality of work in management or management ethics please.
    Thanks in advance,
    koyana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2009, 07:32 AM

Tell me related to hr deseration topic?
    gowsika Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2010, 12:55 AM

Can you suggest topics related with human resource management?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 13, 2010, 09:20 AM

There are fundamental differences in the approach to Human Resources (HR), for example the 'hard' and `soft' versions of Human Resources Management (HRM). The 'hard' version places little emphasis on workers' concerns and, therefore, within its concept, any judgments of the effectiveness of Human Resources Management would be based on business performance criteria only. In contrast, 'soft' Human Resources Management, while also having business performance as its primary concern, would be more likely to advocate a parallel concern for workers' outcomes.

On the management portion only of Human Resources you might try writing on some of the following topics.

Ethics in Human Resource Management

Can line a manager execute HR policies, or does it dilute the practice?

HR behind closed doors

HR and control practices

Is the Human Resource valued?

Who pushed who out (a decline of the unions with the increase in HR practices).

Is it possible to manage all?

Differences between diversity and discrimination

The do’s and don’ts of Disciplinary actions

Conflict Management

Business Ethics

Here are some with an international theme.

Innovation in multinational enterprises

Human resource development in multinational enterprises

Time pressure, organizational rhythms and coordination in multinational enterprises

Flexible specialization and new organizational forms in international projects

International teams - coordination and leadership

Corporate governance of micro-finance institutions

Corporate governance of multinational business and non-business organizations

Corporate Governance internationalization and the globalization and performance of firms

Multinational business and the role of corruption in developing countries

Management of International information systems

Global information systems and economic development

International business strategy in emerging markets

Implementing of international business strategy

Shirley
    donia330 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 10:02 AM
    Can anybody help me to find the topic HRM related in hospitality aspect, please

Sep 28, 2011, 11:02 AM
    Hi Donia,

One of the most relevant topics to the Hospitality industry is the large turnover. How to curb the turnover rate and retention of quality employees.

It has been found that one tactic that often works is training. When the employee received training to properly do the job it improves employee productivity, work quality and the customer's satisfaction.

Creating a good career development plan and training program is vital to an organization to uphold it's reputation as a good employer and to buy in the support and commitment of the employees to the business.

In surveys asked of employees 93% answered that improving skills and knowledge would encourage them to stay at a hotel and 63 percent reported that they would leave if they were not involved in a long range training program.

High turnover is often the result of negative job attitudes and low job satisfaction combined with an ability to secure employment elsewhere.

Motivations for less turnover and higher retention would be opportunities for advancement, recognition of performance, management's treatment of employees, responsibility, good relationships with the supervisor, fair pay for a days work, and job security. Good benefits also is a motivator in retention.

Training and benefits far outweight the highest rates of pay for the retention of quality employees.

The Human Resource Position is that of finding quality employees but also of incenting, training, motivating and retaining those quality employees. It is not enough to just hire good employees if your expensive training dollars are lost in turnover costs.

A good HR professional must be versed well in Diversity, Organizational culture, communications, and Training.

The most important thing to remember is to gain respect than respect must be first given.

Respect the employee and the employee will respect the company.

Shirley
    yanskyz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 04:22 PM
    Please help nmn hr policy ng bank of the philippine islands
    ds69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 05:10 AM
    Hello ,
    I have seen that you (wild sporty ) have given many useful responses regarding the HRM in hospitality industry . I am doing my postgraduate dissertation regarding this same topic of recruitment , selection ,training and career development in the hotel industry . Is there any books or articles that you could suggest for me to further gain my knowledge in this field ? Thank you

Jun 27, 2012, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ds69 View Post
    hello ,
    i have seen that you (wild sporty ) have given many useful responses regarding the HRM in hospitality industry . i am doing my postgraduate dissertation regarding this same topic of recruitment , selection ,training and career development in the hotel industry . is there any books or articles that you could suggest for me to further gain my knowledge in this field ? thank you
    Tata McGraw-Hill Education: Contact Us

I would suggest this book by Sudhir Andrews, he also has many more on the Hospitality Industry. It is a manual written for HR working in the Hospitality Industry.

TEXTBOOK FOR THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY
    Sudhir Andrews

Price: Rs 299
    ISBN: 9780070221659
    Pages: 400
    Pub Date: SEP-08
    Publish Status: In Stock
    Copyright Year: 2008

60 Free Essays on Selective Recruitment And Selection Training And Development Nokia

At this website you can find essays on recruitment and Training

Free essay - HRMCritically evaluate the usefulness of definitions of human resource management in understanding the hospitality industry Analysis by Mightystudents.com
    Here is another essay on Hospitality and HR.

Wiley: Human Resources Management in the Hospitality Industry
    Here is another book on Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Industry.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dissertation topic [ 1 Answers ]

Suggest me relevant desertation topics in HR.

Dissertation idea re Women. [ 1 Answers ]

hey am a marketing major and i need some answers.... actually just some help...a basic guideline,suggestion for a final year dissertation... am interested in the input women have in marketing on the whole... also on a holistic basis... the role they play in management...... DOES ANYBODY THINK THAT...

Evaluating Technical Topics Relating to OS's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know a good issue today dealing with operating systems that a business must deal with? To clarify, I am writing a paper in which a fictitious company must provide a report to its management evaluating a problem that needs solved relating to operating systems in some way. We're...

Help topics for index missing [ 1 Answers ]

help Please, I used the windows washer prog and now my help index topics is blank and all that is there is a red x. I tried restore but no luck tried the reg bckup on win wash but no luck I tried to install pchealth.inf from my os cd still no luck I am stumpped. Any suggestions. Need...

View more questions Search