Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thesleaze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 08:08 PM
    Just started NC
    I've been with my girlfriend for a year but we took a break (her decision). We continued to be basically everything we were before the break but today I started NC. I guess I'm just a big p*ssy because all I can think about is her and I am struggling not to text her after like 10 hours.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
    If one day at a time take it hour by hour, minute by minute. Or find some friends to hold you down and call you names* I know its not easy though, but hang in there. Read the stickies here for some good ideas to help you.

*joking
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jan 22, 2012, 09:05 PM
    Every time you get that urge do something else... go for a run, call a friend, wash the car or some other menial task, whatever. Bit by bit, day by day it gets easier.
    geminichick Posts: 187, Reputation: 57

Jan 23, 2012, 11:44 AM
    The urge to contact her is pretty hard to fight but it's been 10 hours and eventually it will be another 10 hours, until you have no urge to contact her. Just take one day at a time. Keeping a journal of how you are feeling is a big help. You can also turn to the journal for future reference to see how far you have come.

Do some things you really enjoy doing. Maybe at this point you may not enjoy what you used to enjoy but go out and do them with a friend. It will take time. Talking to a trusted friend or family member how you feel can be helpful. Get some exercise and eat healthy. Start taking care of you. YOur health... your well-being.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girl I just started dating started talking to her ex? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, So, I guess this is a sad story for me. I just met this girl and we clicked immediately, talked for 5 hours the first time we met. Then went on three dates over the course of three weeks, each one lasted a couple of hours and went smoothly and were some of the best dates I ever had, she...

When we started the furnace this year, it started, turned it off now it won't start. [ 0 Answers ]

It was working great, we turned the furnace in the off position on the wall, and now it won't start! I've reset the breakers over and over, even waited an hour, thinking time was of the essence... still won't come on. Old units: Luxaire inside unit Model ECC030GKA, Kenmore outside unit Model...

Getting Started [ 5 Answers ]

How and where does a person go to get info when wanting to start a small engine biusness. Is there a good place to start?

Getting started! [ 3 Answers ]

Good Morning. I just got married a month ago. I'm a citizen but my husnbad isn't. What steps can I take to get him his social and his resident papers? He came over here on a student visa From Trinidad and Tobago. He wants to go to college but he must have a social sercurity number to file for...

I started [ 1 Answers ]

How do I tell my mom that I started my period? Do I just say it? HELP!:D

View more questions Search