Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corey-amanda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Felony Expungment
    I have two felonys on my record and I would like them expunged. My first one is a fourth degree felony Arson casein January of 2001. My second is an obstruction of justice a fifth degree felony in September of 2002
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 04:12 PM
    It will be completely up to the judge in the court where the crime was tried. You will need to hire an attorney and make a motion.

You will need to show how you have stayed out of trouble, how you have inproved your education, got a good job, had a steady job and deserve it.

Now even expunged, it will always show up on Federal Government National Security background searches, and on any employment dealing with police, military or court jobs.

But explunging will have those offenses blacked out from any public records given out to the public.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Hello corey:

You're probably going to have to wait 10 years or more. They want to you pay SOME price for your illegal behavior.

excon
    finessed1 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 07:33 PM
    It all depends. It's very hard to get a record expunged but not impossible. It consists of filing papers and the process takes about a year (at least that's in pa). The legal advice that was given to me was: 1. not getting into any trouble in at least 8-10 years (which you qualify), 2. your criminal record is hindering you from obtaining employment in a certain field (in particular if you have training, certifications or if that was your occupation), and performing community service or volunteering over the years is definitely a plus. From what I was told, in PA you get a hearing in front of 4-5 judges who ask you questions and then decide your fate. What ever you do... DO NOT GIVE EXCUSES OF WHY YOU DID WHAT YOU DID. JUST ADMIT AND ASSURE THEM THAT YOU WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN AND GIVE AWESOME SUPPORTING FACTS WHY NOT. In PA, there is an application fee of about $25.00 and a questionnaire, which you have to xerox about 7 copies of the 8+ pages, along with 7 copies of your pic.

It's a lot to do, but well worth the try to gain a part of your life back. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Living with a felony [ 40 Answers ]

Do companies have the right to exclude a candidate from a job position based on a felony conviction? I was recently hired by an IT consulting firm to do a software deployment for a major bank. The consulting firm investigated my background, after I had fully disclosed the information to them. ...

Felony Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

If you are on felony probation and you get arrested for a DUI what are the consaquense's?

Felony expungment [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to get a felony expunged without having to wait 5-7 years, in Texas, after your probation. I'm ready to get a better job and focus on providing more for my child. I am currently on probation for check forgery, that I did when I was 19, very naïve and not mention dumb

Felony New york [ 14 Answers ]

OK I'm chef wondering if I can work for a reitrement community my charge was conspiracy to traffic... I know on my papers it says my charge is removed from public view after 1 year if that helps Ohhh I forgot I never had any jail time or anything just 1 year probation

View more questions Search