Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rachael2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 03:35 AM
    I think my 3 year old daughter can see spirits. Help!
    I have been doing a lot of research online and I am a very open minded person. I believe in ghosts and spirits, along with knowing theirs things that can't be explained. I have caught moving orbs on camera and often fill a cold hand on my left shoulder that sends chills all over my body. I have had a close friend and uncle die in the past 4 years and that's when this thing started happening.
    In my young teens I lived in a house where I experienced foot steps, electronics turning off and on randomly and kids giggles without concern because they weren't negative. It was something my whole family aknowledged but didn't fear and we sort of became accustom to it. A few months after my friend died, I became pregnant in the same house she died in and I now have a 3 year old daughter.
    We moved and now live in a stand alone studio with my fiancˇ and daughter. My fiancˇ has had some negative paranormal experiences in his teenage hood and tried to avoid the subject all together.
    So the point of all this backstory is I believe my 3 year old daughter is sensitive to spirits/ ghosts. In our studio, we have a curtian separating our bedroom and living room area. When I would put my daughter into her bed after she fell asleep in the living room, I would come back to the living room and close the curtian so the t.v. Light wouldn't bug her. She would wake up screaming and crying, scared out of her mind until I came in the room. She would only sleep in her bed if I stay in the room until she goes to sleep. Within a few minutes of going back to the living room, she would wake up crying. I figured it was a security thing and started going to bed when I put her to bed to make my life easier.
    Then I started to notice she would wake up crying and crawl into my bed randomly on odd night. Then I started to realize that it was always when the bathroom door was left open. The bathroom door is in our bedroom about 5 feet from the bottom of our beds. The bathroom is always freesing cold and I started to notice that My fiancˇ and I would also have nightmares when the bathroom door was open as well. I figured I was reading too much into it and just kept the bathroom door closed to help push off the issue.
    My daughter is terrified to go past the curtian alone even in daylight or with the lights on. She will actually stand at the curtian and cry and physically shake begging us to come with her. After living here a year and a 1/2 now, she is still scared to go in the room alone but she has these little quirks about her now. When I feel uneasy but don't show how I feel, she will smile or hug me. Sometimes I'll catch her talking to herself and I'll ask her who she istalking to and she will just say "No one, it's ok mommy." like she is hiding something or doing something or protecting someone. Also when I hear something strange and I look in the direction I heard it in, she immediately looks at me and says "It's ok mommy." and smiles. I don't know whether to be creeped out or comforted.
    What should I do? I can't keep ignoring what's going on because it hasn't helped and I don't know what else to do. Am I just making something out of nothing. I usually don't feel anything but every once in awhile I get a slight uneasy feeling like I'm being watched and the cold hand on my left shoulder but is my daughter experiencing things too? I heard kids are more sensitive to paranormal activity. Anything will help!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 05:20 AM
    Most of everything you describe sounds normal. I think your just reading too much into lifes quirks and that is what is feeding on the both of you. Many people make claims of orbs and such but very very few are real. It is easy to get them confused.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 5, 2012, 05:25 AM
    I have no interest in orbs at all. But I do have interest when children are struggling with fear. Now on one hand I can't say you mentioned anything that specifically proves a spiritual entity is in your home and bothering you daughter. Let's keep that in mind, this really may be just a "all in everyone's head" type of situation. But, on the other hand, children are very open to these things. "Open" is the key word, not sensitive. They have these experiences more because they are more open to the spirit world.

If I were you, and you really believe there is an entity in the home, I would find a local ministry that has experience in dealing with such matters. There is the possibility that you or your family have a spirit attached to them and it is following from one child to the next. This is very common, but can be broken.
    angle101 Posts: 13, Reputation: -1

Apr 19, 2012, 09:57 AM
    That happens and isn't a weird thing to me because well its something that made you and your daughter to feel like that but the biggest thing that you can do is pray and well it is all that I and my mum thought we saw too. Acctually the thing that we did about it was that we prayed the feeling to disappear (follow this step if you're a christian). And try to convince yourself that nothing is there and I think that the thing that you told about your friend and that house might be the problem why you believe in that because you believe that the house you lived in and your baby was born in and your friend died in has a kind of curse or something.
    Andrea, hope I helped.
    bannmittel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 04:48 PM
    I don't know about you people but my granddaughter is starting to see things and I have a picture of 1 and there is times when sitting watching t.v and starts crying cause she is seeing a boy and a girl the girl makes her sad and cries and the boy scares the piss out of her she asked grandmom who's he who's he if I can send pic I would thank u

Jun 1, 2012, 06:28 PM
    I would be very interested in seeing a picture. There is an "attachment" button when you reply to a comment. It would be best, however, if you started a new thread here instead of piggy backing someone else's question. Thanks!
    sniperny72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2012, 03:42 PM
    I have proof. She talks and crys with a girl named lizzy. Then there are days when she says she sees him , and we ask who is him and she's I don't know ,she says it scares her and starts crying and goes under the covers and ask grandma who's him who's him. I have a pic with her and a big orb at her cousins b-day party and of all the pics we have of her THIS is the only one with orb when this started.

Jun 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
    Sniperny-are you related to the subjects of this thread... or are you relating a separate experience here?
    g1a2r3r4e5t6t Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2013, 11:43 PM
    Yes you are right about the child interacting with spirits but is it only the bathroom if it is shut the door and put salt under it
    A few months after my friend died, I became pregnant in the same house she died in and I now have a 3 year old daughter.
    The spirit may be attached to her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter seeing spirits & orbs [ 4 Answers ]

Hello... my name is Lori, I am the mother of 5 beautiful daughters. The reason I am here is to see if I can get some help for my 19 year old daughter who has been seeing spirits and orbs since several months before my father died. I have been trying to seek someone that can steer me in the right...

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back to take custody of her 2 kids. For the last year, the kids have lived with me, not her, but she is collecting SSI and welfare for them and spending it on herself and her boyfriend with not one cent to the kids. What can...

My daughter sees spirits in form of large hairie animal? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello good day, my two daughters one 24 and the other 12 are often desturbed by some forms showing themselves as hairie sort of animal , and this thing is nasty , like opening taps, pulling hair when they are sleeping , breeding on they necks from behind, after serius talk with them I realized...

View more questions Search