Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 21, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Electrical problem
    I have four wall mounted out door lights in the front of my home. A friend noticed that approximately every couple of minutes or so all the lights 'blink.' It is a quick blink however it is continuous and regular. I never noticed this before, do I have a problem, is it a short in the wiring, possibly one of the light fixtures that were changed last year has a problem?

Is this something that I should have looked at right away?

Thanks in advance.

Stringer
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 21, 2012, 08:31 PM
    Are all four powered off the same switch? I would put my test leads on the power to the switch which I suspect will tell me the supply is OK. Then put your test leads on the switch to see if there is a periodic drop of power via the switch, that's where I think your issue will be found. That or the Bears are messing with you.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 21, 2012, 08:49 PM
    Thank you kind sir, project for tomorrow between the NFL games. And yes all four are powered from a timer switch inside.

Thanks again.

Stringer
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 04:52 AM
    Stringer, have you tried changing the bulb that's blinking? Could just be a bad bulb. Good luck
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 08:51 AM
    "four wall mounted out door lights " I would doubt that all four light bulbs have the same issue at the same time.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2012, 09:20 AM
    I would bypass the timer switch, if they don't blink now, It IS the switch.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2012, 09:49 AM
    Sorry stringer, I read that as "a light" was blinking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electrical Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have an issue where I have 2-120V lines coming from a double pole 30. They both read 120 on my multimeter when I touch each line individually and connect the other side to a ground... however when I touch them together at the thermostat I don't get any reading at all. The resistance and...

Electrical problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a craftsman lawn tractor with a 22 hp v twin kohler engine, my trouble started last year when I had trouble cranking my tractor. Thought I had found problem solved has run fine till just a couple weeks ago. I was back to having to jump tractor off but would run fine afterwards. Just this...

Do I have an electrical problem or not? [ 6 Answers ]

First, the problem. I have two flush-mounted ceiling light fixtures on my front porch. Bulbs are constantly (1 yr) blowing out. This is frequently accompanied by a spark. It seems as though I recall having a spark at the wall switch,as well. I have tried fluorescent as well as incandescent bulbs....

I've got a 1975 dodge power wagon. My after market ammeter shorted out and screwed things up, besides that all my wiring is old and brittle and broken. Where can I go and get a good wiring harness? I rolled the p/u years ago and when I put it back together I used a 1977 cab. The harness from the...

I have a 1987 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 plow truck that will not start.  When you turn the key to start the interior light goes out and it will not start.  You have to let it sit for 24 before the interior light comes on again.  And the cycle goes on,  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

View more questions Search