Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hagar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Carrier Heat Pump won't stop running!
    We have a carrier tech2000 electric heat pump and it won’t stop running. We attempted to turn the unit off at the thermostat, but the only way to stop it is to turn it off at the breaker. The unit outside seems to be off? The outside fan doesn't spin despite the hot hair & constant blowing inside. Is this a problem with the thermostat in the house or something else? I think I can tackle replacing a thermostat (we have actually been considering this anyway since the digital ones are so nice), but If this is a larger issue I may need to call a tech…

Any advice would be great. Thanks so much!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 08:38 PM
    If the outside compressor is off and the fan does not spin then the unit isn't running. Maybe your fan is running inside the house and it has led you to believe the unit is on. Any chance of that? Check the fan mode on your stat and be sure it is on "auto" and not "on."
    aaajessy Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2010, 12:05 PM

So what did you end up doing?
    Ac-dc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2012, 02:43 AM
    Check all your door and windows to make sure they are closed, and no air is entering through cracks. If you feel a cold draft then cold air is being drawn into the house, making the unit work longer. This is more critical in winter, the HVAC is a lot less efficient in heat pump mode.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton Carrier Heat Pump Heating and AC unit. Lately, the unit has been making a horrendous, loud bass trombone sound. This sound comes from the outside unit that houses the fan and compressor. It occurs when the heater/blower in the atic is NOT on. The sound is so loud that it wakes me up...

Carrier Heat Pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton Carrier Heat Pump Heating and AC unit. Lately, the unit has been making a horrendous, loud bass trombone sound. This sound comes from the outside unit that houses the fan and compressor. It occurs when the heater/blower in the atic is NOT on. The sound is so loud that it wakes me up...

Carrier Heat Pump [ 1 Answers ]

Carrier Heat pump does not come on. Just stopped working. How do I trouble shoot for a bad transformer or other parts related to unit no turning on for either a/c or heat?

Replacing 15 yr old carrier heat pump, best suggestion? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a high humidity area that has cold winters that can reach but not sustain 0 degrees and hot summers that can reach and sustain almost 100 degrees. I am replacing a whole house Carrier 2.5 ton unit; what is the best replacement with the best warranty for an 1800 sq ft house? I need this...

Heat won't stop running [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a new house, well new to me. It has a heat pump system. I'm not familiar with them at all and need some help. I took out my old mechanical thermostat and replaced it with a programmable digital thermostat. Now my problem is that the heat won't quit running. I don't know if I have...

View more questions Search