Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blmarti50 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jan 21, 2012, 04:07 PM
    Black screen
    Hi,

My TV seems to have a problem.

When I switch it on, the screen goes black with a thin white line going from left to right across the middle of it.

The Brand name is: Orion

Can someone please tell me, does this mean the tube is dead.
    Or can I fix it with a few replacement parts and a soldering iron.

Thank you in advance
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 02:08 PM
    For cathode ray tube (CRT) based TV's, this is a symptom of a problem with the vertical deflection circuitry/subsystem, i.e there is no vertical deflection. Whether it is a simple fix depends on which component(s) failed and your electronics troubleshooting experience. Also, it is possible to electrocute yourself working around a CRT. All things considered, I'd suggest obtaining a new LCD based TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Screen [ 1 Answers ]

When I book my computer half the screen goes black for a few minutes. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Black screen with sound [ 1 Answers ]

How do I repair a television that has a black screen with sound and a thin horizontal line through the middle.

Screen goes black [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have a IBM thinkpad, when we turn it on, the screen comes and lights up and shows IBM, and it shows it is pulling up windows, but as soon as the windows starts to open, the screen goes black. Nothing. I can hook another monitor to the back of the lap top and it works fine, What...

Screen turns black! [ 3 Answers ]

This has happened more than a few times a day, on different days. The internet connections and everything is going well and suddenly the page sort of melts,like words get jumbled or the last sentence will drag when I try to move up or down the page. Sometimes bits of the page will turn...

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp

View more questions Search