Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blmarti50 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Jan 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
    TV - Black Screen, White Line Across hi, My TV seems to have a problem. When I s
    TV - Black Screen, White Line Across
    Hi,

My TV seems to have a problem.

When I switch it on, the screen goes black with a thin white line going from left to right across the middle of it.

The Brand name is: Orion

Can someone please tell me, does this mean the tube is dead.
    Or can I fix it with a few replacement parts and a soldering iron.

Thank you in advance
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Model number?

How much do you know about electronics?

Also, clarify by what you mean by "the screen goes black". Are you saying that the screen starts up like normal, displays an image, then goes black with a line? Or do you mean that the screen never shows anything and goes straight to a white horizontal line?

Jan 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
    No... When I turn it on it comes on black with white line. I am trying to plug in my Digital Adapter and this is what happens to it. Great TV before!

Jan 21, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Hi,

My TV seems to have a problem.

When I switch it on, the screen goes black with a thin white line going from left to right across the middle of it.

The Brand name is: Orion. I do not have a model number

Jan 21, 2012, 04:28 PM
    Please help me!

Jan 21, 2012, 04:29 PM
    Yes..
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2012, 04:33 PM
    If it is an old Tube type, it may be as simple as a bad verticle output transistor. Flat Screens are nice.

Jan 21, 2012, 04:41 PM
    Orion
    #FTV 2701
    120V
    Serial# 065140609017

Jan 21, 2012, 04:46 PM
    That does answer my question! A flat would be nice BUT I have a problem NOW. Can you help me or not?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2012, 06:15 PM
    Strat did answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmando View Post
    If it is an old Tube type, it may be as simple as a bad verticle output transistor. Flat Screens are nice.
    Please do not be rude and demanding. This is a forum, not a chatroom. We do not respond immediately, so please allow time for a response. Also, we are volunteers. I do not get paid to answer your questions; no one on this site gets paid to answer your questions. So please understand that you are getting free advice.

You also never did answer my question about your level of knowledge with electronics. Have you used a soldering iron before? Do you know how to use a multimeter? I'm guessing not, since if you did, you would already attempt to fix your TV.

I cannot stress enough that I do not recommend opening your TV up yourself and attempting repair without training. If you don't know what you're doing, don't even attempt repair on the TV yourself. Your best bet is to take it somewhere for repair. But in most cases, it will cost you just as much to repair it, as it would to purchase a new TV. Keep in mind that if you have it repaired, you will only get a 30-90 day warranty on that specific repair, whereas a new TV will come with at least a 1 year warranty.

And lastly, please do not rate people's replies as unhelpful unless they state something that is factually incorrect. And especially do not rate them as unhelpful when they are asking for more information. You cannot expect help with a product if you don't even provide model information (knowing that you have an Orion TV doesn't even tell us what kind of TV it is without the model number).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sometimes when I'm on line my computer screen will trun white and then clear. [ 1 Answers ]

My screen will sometime turn white and stop working.. why is it doing this?

Black screen, bright, narrow horizontal line [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, several times, my computer has gone to a black screen with a bright horizontal line, and in the background I can see what should be showing as a faint "rolling" image. I have shut it down with the button and restarted it, sometimes several times before it acts normally. It is an old...

Thin line across black screen [ 1 Answers ]

I have a panasonic television model #ct36G22. It is over 10 years old. I am experiencing a black screen with a very thin picture line horizontally in the middle of the screen, going all the way across. This is happening upon startup of the TV, after it has not been used for a while. There...

View more questions Search