Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mannyos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2012, 03:20 AM
    I have gas hot water heat and hear banging in the walls usually at night like tap tap
    I have gas hot water heat and hear banging in the walls usually at night like tap tap tap getting really loud then slowing down can someone please provide some solutions to this? Is it that my pipes need insulation to stop the expansion and contraction while the hot water runs through? All suggestions appreciated.
    SeattlePioneer Posts: 97, Reputation: 9

Jan 21, 2012, 08:33 AM
    This is usually just the pipes and water heater expanding in size due to the impact of hot water, although I wouldn't call such noise "loud." Is the water heater burner on when these noises are heard?
    NzKiwi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 08:01 PM
    Sounds normal for pipes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

Shuddering cold water tap new tap [ 1 Answers ]

My cold water tap shudders when I turn it on. This doesn't happen when the toilet cistern is filling. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Is it a washer problem, air in the pipes, could not be loose pipes. Could debris be in the pipes. Can I fix this problem by myself?

Cold water OK in kitchen tap but no hot -mixer tap [ 3 Answers ]

No problems with tap which is a mixer in kitchen, suddenly no hot water but cold water coming out OK. Could this be a build up of lime? And how can I fix it?

My problem is, I have water from the hot tap but not the cold tap.Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My heating is from a Baxi Combi Boiler. Direct mains Feed. I have hot water from the tap in my kitchen but there is no water coming out of the cold tap. My bathroom supply is fine as is the water to the toilet. Why is there no cold water from the kitchen tap.

I have only luke warm water coming through my hot bath tap and sink tap [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I am suddenly only getting luke warm water coming through the hot taps in my bathroom. All other rooms are fine. I have a bungalow with two bathrooms a kitchen and a utility room. The system is run off a LPG combi boiler.

View more questions Search