Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yennilove Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 11:56 PM
    Am I to old for ballet classes
    I am 13 years old and I've been told I'm to old for ballet and should take ballet lessons or to even think about it? I need advice

Jan 21, 2012, 12:00 AM
    Sorry meant to say shouldn't
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 21, 2012, 12:00 AM
    You are never too old to do anything! Don't let people discourage you from doing what you want to do. If you want to take ballet lessons, ask your parents to sign you up!
    Elektra_ Posts: 14, Reputation: 5

Jan 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
    If you want something you should do it... unless it's illegal :-D

Jan 27, 2012, 05:08 PM
    :) If I can't get into ballet classes what's your advice for me to do next is it still possible for me to learn?
    lrush22 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2012, 07:45 AM
    Wow! No your not old to stop doing ballet classes.
    I am 16 and I still do ballet. Its an amazing thing to do. It relaxs you..
    In some peoples eyes they see it as a kiddies thing to do. Little girls wanting to be princesses and dance, so they do ballet.
    I have been doing ballet for 5 years and I never once thought about stopping.
    Don't worry about what people have to say if you want to do something, do it!
    Cause at the end of the day you have to be happy wth the choices you make.

If you can't get into ballet classes, go do the next thing you like/ love doing...
    Or even if you get someone you no who does ballet to take an hour or two, just to teach you a few thing once or twice a week. You will still be doing it.
    Or just do something else you like for the year and have a break from ballet and come back after a year if you still want to. So you no what you want to do. :)
    adamjmead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 02:10 AM
    No of course not! 13 is not too old. Look at Find Dance & Theatre Schools & many other categories on Search The Arts for more advice and listings of classes in your area.
    Shakeh Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Aug 5, 2012, 08:16 AM
    Nooo You are not old for Ballet ,some start it from age of 3 and some older than your age.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2012, 11:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lrush22 View Post
    wow!! no your not old to stop doing ballet classes.
    i am 16 and i still do ballet. its an amazing thing to do. it relaxs you..
    in some peoples eyes they see it as a kiddies thing to do. little girls wanting to be princesses and dance, so they do ballet.
    i have been doing ballet for 5 years and i never once thought about stopping.
    dont worry about what poeple have to say if you wanna do something, do it!
    cause at the end of the day you have to be happy wth the choices you make.

if u can't get into ballet classes, go do the next thing you like/ love doing...
    or even if you get someone you no who does ballet to take an hour or two, just to teach you a few thing once or twice a week. you will still be doing it.
    or just do something else u like for the year and have a break from ballet and come back after a year if you still want to. so you no what you want to do. :)

I don't think you understood the question - is 13 too OLD to START lessons. You referred to being too old to "stop" lessons.

If this person wants to dance professionally I'd venture a guess that starting at age 13 is highly unusual. For personal pleasure - I know a Grandmother who just took up Irish Step Dancing.
    mynameiskathy Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by yennilove View Post
    :) If I can't get into ballet classes what's your advice for me to do next is it still possible for me to learn?
    You could get a private tutor, or you could find somewhere else that teaches ballet. You are never too old to do anything!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find ballet shoes? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey its me again miley004 :) never ming about that previous question it was stupid I was out of my mind and when I read it a couple of days later I was like:::confused: So my question is:dies anybody know where I could buy poit shoes?? I live in a small city in poland where there's no dance stores...

Ballet truths? [ 9 Answers ]

Is it true that if you are a ballet dancer Your mostly likely to be skinny And not have a curvy figure I have 2 hour long ballet lessons twice a week And I'm 15 and I'm very uncurvy What can help?

Ballet talk [ 4 Answers ]

how will i be able to improve my extensions??? are there any steps/exercise that i can do at home so my extensions would get better? :p

I want to learn Ballet what are your veiws? [ 7 Answers ]

I need help I'm a boy and want to learn ballet but I already breakdance and pop and lock what can I do?

Ballet movie [ 1 Answers ]

Movie from the 90's, london, young poor boy wants to become a ballet dancer, he is teased and ridiculed by friends and father who all love boxing

View more questions Search