Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Jan 20, 2012, 08:30 PM
    Is this legal?
    I live in virginia first off. My husband works at a sales job which I know means that the company can pay commission. My problem is that the company sets his schedule at 9am-8pm six days a week. As soon as I get him home its time for him to go to bed so he can get up and go again. On top of that, if he doesn't sell something for the week he doesn't get paid for that week. So that means he worked a 60 hour week and gets nothing for it. On an average week he would make $400 for that 60 hours of work meaning he is only making $6.67 an hour which is considerably below minimum wage! I have seen on some state websites that employers can only pay commission if the employee is in charge of his/her own schedule. Does anyone know if that is true and if so is it true in virginia? I seriously feel that this company is trying to take advantage of my husband and get free labor! What they fail to realize is not only are they taking food out of my baby's mouth, but they are also stealing my husband away from me by making him work these insane hours. Please help!
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2012, 11:21 PM
    I suggest your husband find another job as either he lacks the skill to do well at this one or the market is poor and he can't achieve worthwhile results

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are the legal rights of an adopted donor child, once he/she reaches legal age? [ 4 Answers ]

Does the child have a right to know the donor-father? If the adopted family (legal family) underwent a divorce, what child-support rights do the child have pertaining to the legal father? Especially once legal age (21) is reached? Can the child/teen take his biological father's last name?

Nys parole PO denies any contact w/ legal wife - criminal hist. Is this legal [ 1 Answers ]

Parole denies any contact, phone, letters, visits, etc. w/ my legal wife because she is a convicted felon and one rule while on parole is to have no contact w/ known felons

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Is there legal visitation rights for nonbiological or legal parents [ 5 Answers ]

I am from South Dakota and I had met a man that had full legal custody of his infant son. The biological mother very rare saw the child and was not involved in his life. I started dating this man when the child was 8 months old and we were engaged by the time he was 11 months old. The child's...

Giving up legal right to pursue legal actions [ 8 Answers ]

I want to up all legal right to pursue legal action against my male partner before I give birth to my unborn child. How do I go about doing that? I mean I want it in written form that I give up the right to sue him for any type of child support or any type of care to my child. Also I don't want to...

View more questions Search