Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smiler07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
    1st time buyer
    I & my boyfriend are about to buy our 1st house together & as I'm out of work at the moment he is securing the mortgage, can anyone tell me what paper work I have to have my name on to make sure the house is in both our names ? I just want to keep myself right. Thanks:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Have you name put on all of the paper work, so it is truly 1/2 your house.

So you are out of work, that does not mean you have bad credit, it only means you don't have an income,
    smiler07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Have you name put on all of the paper work, so it is truly 1/2 your house.

So you are out of work, that does not mean you have bad credit, it only means you don't have an income,
    Thanks Chuck, but I struggle to get credit at my current address & I was worried if I had my name on the mortgage while being out of work it would stop us getting the mortgage we wanted, I'll make sure all the papers have my name on them so it's 50/50.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st time buyer questions.. [ 5 Answers ]

I am just about to have my home inspected before the closing happens.. 1... I noticed that the hot water heater is made by a company that went out of business 10-15 years ago and the condition of the heaters effectiveness is in question... not to sound cheap, but do I have the right to have the...

Didn't bleed on my 1st time [ 6 Answers ]

When I first had sex with my boyfriend I didn't bleed, they say that usually you bleed on your first time, is something wrong?

First time House buyer [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I are looking to purchase a house in a few years and we would like to get the process started as we understand this process takes quite a long time. What is our first step and are we starting too early? We know we need a lender, real estate agent, mortgage person... Really......

Electric problems for 1st time buyer? [ 2 Answers ]

I am about to buy my 1st home, a small apartment. A row of recessed wall lights are not working in the proposed property. All other electrics appear to be OK (except the bottom cylinder in an immersion heater). In the absence of any explanation by the seller and no possibility of re-entering the...

First time buyer [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what good brands of microwaves there are. I don't want to purchase one and then have it break on me a few months later.

View more questions Search