Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adenwestart Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Failing in college, need advice
    So I just got done with my first semester of my 5th year of college, I'm sitting on a gpa of about a 1.82. I have about 3 semesters left until I graduate given I don't fail any more classes. My major is in Neuroscience and I have no idea what I want to do with it. Basically, I wanted to get out and either join the military or pursue a masters in something. However, I'm beginning to doubt that it is reasonable to even put more time in my degree. Best case scenario Ill graduate at the end of spring at the age of 24 with no higher than a 2.5 but probably more around the range of a 2.2. From there I will need to get good GRE scores and hope I can find a college that will accept me for a masters program. My other options are to try to start working now in a lab or something similar or enlist now. I can't really think of anything else and I'm beginning to really lose hope. I understand I have dug myself into this hole, if anyone can offer some advice on what would be the best move id appreciate it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 20, 2012, 09:28 AM
    So change your major to something you enjoy and have a interest in.

If you are in Neuroscience with no idea of what you want to do with it, that is just silly.
    You do a history or drama degree is you want a degree that you don't know what to do with
    benedict426 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
    1) major in something you like. Changing majors happens all the time in college!
    2) talk to a counselor they are a HUGE help. Your college should have one
    3) if you really want to be in the military check to see if there is anything you can major in to help you purse that.
    4) if your dreams have changed that's fine.
    *go to your counselor your college should have one they are the best people to help you get out of a hole*

Hope I could help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend, Cancer, College, Long-distance relationship, Advice? [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 5 months now has been having a hard time dealing with her mother being diagnosed with a brain tumor, which was very cancerous. And I have left for college. We love each other and we both want this relationship to work. I talk to her 24/7 since I left. She has become very frustrated...

Advice on post-college breakup. Struggling to cope with the breakup - Please read/hel [ 33 Answers ]

Everyone has their own story so here is mine: My ex-girlfriend and I met in college, dated for all 4 years until recently. We spent almost everyday together, she was my support and best friend. Like any couple, we had our problems, and I was her first ever relationship. I received a job offer...

Failing College. Do I really need it? [ 12 Answers ]

So I've been going to college since I was 19... I am now 21 and still in community college. I feel that I am just simply not cut out for college... I mean, I skip classes all the time and because of this I am failing miserably. I make up stories and excuses for my absences when I randomly show...

View more questions Search